Chapter 38: The Inevitable

-Vlad's POV-

Holy crap, it's her!

It's that lady from before. And she was at Damien's door!

What do I do? I'm hiding behind the bed in my rat form, but I'm afraid that she'll notice me.

"What do you want?" Damien asked in a cold tone.

"So mean!" The girl fussed. "I just wanted to see how you were doing?"

She seems pretty familiar with Damien. For some reason, I feel a little uneasy about that.

I ignored that feeling and continued listening to their conversation.

"Well, as you can see, I'm doing fine. Goodbye." Damien tried to close the door, but the Bell stopped him.

"Hang on! I actually wanted to see if you wanted to walk around the town with me."

What is this person trying to do? Is she making an attempt to assault Damien?

And again, there's that uneasy feeling in my chest. What's up with that?

While I was distracted, I slightly overheard Damien say something that was unexpected.

"Fine."

He agreed?! Why would he do that?!

"Wonderful! Let's get going, then!" Bell then walked off along with Damien.

It sounded like she was dragging him along.

Are you kidding me?! Why did he agree with her?!

What do I do?! Do I follow him?

Maybe I should get Amy.

[Vlad.]

"Huh?!" I yelped.

While I was panicking, I started to hear Damien's voice in my head.

"D-Damien?"

[Relax. I'm just communicating with you through Telepathy.]

"Telepathy? Wasn't that a difficult Psychic Spell that only masters could use?"

I heard from my mother that difficult spells like Telepathy were only used by expert magicians. My mom also told me that a Space Magic spell called [Gate] was almost impossible to use unless you were blessed by one of the gods.

[Look, I don't have much time to talk, so I'll be quick. I need you to get Amy and tell her what happened. Somethings not right.]

"What do you mean?"

[. . . I got to go. Just get Amy and head to the catacombs now. If she tries to save me, tell her it's an order.]

After that, Damien cut the signal and left.

What did he mean by something wasn't right? He also told me to head to the catacombs.

Does it have something to do with his traps? Well, he told me to get Amy, so I should do that.

I just hope he doesn't get himself killed.

-Damien's POV-

This isn't good.

This woman's timing was almost perfect when we were about to start our plan. Not only that, but I saw her eyeing my room.

Not as if she was interested in it, but as if she was looking for something . . . Or someone.

Does she know about Vlad? If that's the case, then going along with her was my only option.

I don't know how strong she was, so attacking her was not an option. Plus, if we fought each other, she'll likely call her friends to get Vlad.