Chapter 127: Slowly But Surely

Vlad finally woke up after getting tossed to the wall.

When he opened up his eyes, he couldn't believe what he saw.

Damien was gone, and everyone had shocked and disturbed faces. Amy's was the worse of all.

She just stood there like a statue. Her expression wasn't any better.

It was not only full of surprise, but there was also a deep hint of pain in her face. Like she just got slapped by her parent after doing nothing wrong.

The only thing Vlad remembers was Damien talking nonsense and knocking him out. Everything after that was blacked out.

"W-what happened? Where's Damien?" Vlad urgently asked.

He looked at everyone to see if he could get a straight answer, but no one said a word. It might've been that no one even heard him.

Vlad lost his patience and raised his voice.

"Hey! Where the hell is Damien?"

"He's...gone." It was Arri that answered him.

"Gone? What do you mean he's gone? Where did he go?!"

Vlad didn't really understand what was going on, but he had bigger issues. Damien was missing.

He needed to find him. After what happened before, Vlad's worried that something happened to Damien.

"Master's back at Walburrow Town," Thana joined in. "However..."

"What? What's wrong?!" Vlad didn't like how Thana hesitated and wanted answers.

"...He's having a mental breakdown."

"What?! Why?!"

After hearing something as serious as a mental breakdown, Vlad lost all of his patience and composure.

For as long as he's been with Damien, Vlad has never witnessed his friend experience something like this. He was always cool-headed and calm, so it seemed impossible.  

At first, he thought Thana was screwing around, but that look of anguish and heartache on her face proves that she's telling the truth.

"I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I can tell you that Master is in serious danger," Thana explained. "We need to get to him before it's too late."

"What caused Damien to act like this in the first place?" Vlad asked curiously.

There's no way that Damien would act so hostile to his own friends. Plus, Vlad couldn't get that scene out of his head.

Shut up! Leave me alone! I don't want to hear any more of your lies!

Lies! You're spouting nothing but lies now! I don't want to hear it anymore!

It seems like Damien truly believed that he was being lied to, but why would he think that? Not only that, but his expression didn't help either.

He honestly looked betrayed, but that was impossible. Vlad would never betray Damien.

He considered him family, his only family, really. After Vlad lost his mother, he had no one left and continued roaming around, trying to survive.

After meeting Damien, he felt happy again. Those times he felt when he was with his mother were very special, but after fleeing, he was afraid that he would never experience that happiness again, but Damien changed that.

Damien was all he had left. Vlad wasn't going to lose his last bit of happiness like this.

"What happened to master while you were down here?" Thana asked.