Epilogue #2

King Allen was marching down the hall below his castle.

His footsteps echoed around him as he walked along with three other individuals. Zami, Clare, and Zemmi followed behind Allen, speed walking to a secret room.

As they approached the secret room, they were greeted by two heavily armed guards with enchanted weapons and armor. They stood at attention when they saw their King.

"My King," One of the guards greeted.

"Show me what happened," The King skipped formalities and went straight for business.

His face was stern with bags under his eyes and full of stress marks. It looks like he hasn't been sleeping for a while.

The guard said nothing and nodded. He then turned around and opened the door for the King.

As they entered the room, there were introduced with a gallery of ancient weapons being displayed around them in glass cases.

From swords to axes to even magical items like rings, sachels, masks, and bracelets. They were all encased in glass cases enchanted with magic inscriptions as a safety precaution.

The King walked down the gallery of magical items, approaching a specific display case. When the King stopped, he stared down at one of them.

However, unlike the rest of the display cases, this one was empty. It wasn't that it didn't have anything displayed yet, it was more like it did but now it was missing.

Someone stole a dangerous item from this gallery. And this particular item was a lot more protected than the others, yet it didn't seem to help at all.

"King Allen," Zami spoke up. "Isn't that case suppose to be for..."

"How long ago was it since the item was stolen?" Allen ignored Zami and questioned the soldier.

"A little bit before the Orcs arrived and when you ordered all the soldiers including the guards here to prepare for a fight if necessary, my King."

King Allen intensely stared at the empty display case.

During the Orc battle, Allen ordered all of his men to guard the city gates in case something happened to the Champion. He wanted to evacuate his people as quickly as possible while also keeping the Orcs at bay.

However, he neglected the fact that the secret gallery room was unguarded because of that. And thanks to that, a very dangerous item is now missing.

Allen clenched his fist in anger.

"Clare," He spoke up. "I want you and the count mage to find a way to locate the item."

"Understood, my king."

Clare then left to go find the Count Mage.

"Zami, I'd like you to accompany here, just to be safe."

"But, my king-"

"Don't worry about me. Zemmi is still here with me."

After the King reassured Zami about his safety, she bowed and left to go after Clare. Allen also ordered the guard with them to leave as well.

Once it was just him and Zemmi, he spoke up.

"Do you think this is Emilia's doing?" He asked while still looking at the empty display case.

"If it was, I don't see why she wants...that artifact." The dragon warrior hesitated before finishing her sentence.

"Hmm. You've been alive longer than this new race, correct?" The King turned around and questioned Zemmi.