Chapter 102: The Next Step

Once I got dressed, I opened up a portal that brought us back to the mountain.

When we arrived, we saw Amy, Arri, and even Raven watching over the Behemoth. However . . .

[Release me this instant! I will not be restrained by the likes of you!]

It seems that the Behemoth was in some kind of magic cage. The cage gave off a rainbow hue and flickered when the Behemoth touched it.

Not only that, but it was also wrapped around in Arri's web cocoon. It thrashed around trying to break free.

Just when I thought that they didn't cause any trouble, I'm met with this scene in front of me.

Amy and the others noticed our arrival and rushed over, completely ignoring the behemoth.

"Master, you're okay!" Amy was the first one to make it to me and gave me a hug.

Arri didn't really hug me, but she was definitely delighted to see me. Raven rushed over to my side and rubbed her head on my leg.

Well, at least they're okay. I thought they were going to fight the Behemoth while I was gone, but I was glad they listened to me.

"Yeah, I'm okay. By the way, why is the Behemoth in that magic cage?" I pointed at the Divine Beast.

"We needed to take measures in assuring that it wouldn't run away," Amy explained.

[Lies!] The Behemoth howled in anger. [You put me in this blasted cage because I harmed your master! Besides, since I'm also the boy's familiar, I can't go against him, so I couldn't have run away even if I wanted to.]

Okay, that actually made a lot of sense. Seeing how the Divine Beast seemed to be telling the truth, I looked at Amy and Arri.

"Care to explain?" I stared at them.

Amy made a "Tch!" sound but told me what happened.

Amy and Arri were angry at the Behemoth for harming me, so they wanted to punish it by locking it up and restraining it. Even though the Guardian was on our side now, they couldn't forgive its previous actions.

All I could do was sigh and rub the temples of my head. I'm already getting a headache.

"Anyway, now it's time to deal with you." I stared at the Behemoth. "Amy, get rid of the magic cage."

"Master, are you sure that's wise?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's already my familiar, so it shouldn't attack me. Do it."

Amy grumbled a bit but followed my instructions. Once the cage was gone, I walked over to the Behemoth to cut off Arri's web.

I had to use Thana for this, but she was being a little difficult. So, I promised her that I would kill a lot of monsters for her.

"Geez~! Why must you use my weakness like this?" She couldn't resist the temptation of slaughtering living creatures and agreed with my terms.

Once the web cocoon was gone, the Divine Beast was now free. It stretched its body a little bit then glared at me.

[So, you really are the Champion of Zerris.]

"That's right." I didn't have my illusion spell on, so my real age and hair color was fully exposed.

[Hmph! To think that I would lose to such a young child. Then again, you definitely don't smell like any normal child, after all. You reek of ancient magic. Are you sure that you're even a child?]

"What's that suppose to mean?"

[I mean how can a child such as yourself be capable of using magic and skills so effectively? What did The Goddess of Darkness do to you?]