Chapter 81: Consequences

-Lunenham Forest-

As soon as the Champion left, Zami, Clare, and Zemmi were released from the pressure like before.

"Gods, that's overwhelming! I think this one was worse than before," Zemmi rasped.

There was a lot more pressure applied to them when the Champion used his skill on them. It was probably because there were fewer people to use the skill on.

As the three girls pulled themselves up, they took a look at the area where the Champion and his companions left in.

"Where do you think he went?" Zemmi asked.

"I'm not sure," Zami answered. "They're likely not going to get far since the adventurers are already putting up a bounty for him and his friends."

"Yeah. We're gonna have to deal with that soon," Clare stated.

A little before Clare and Zami showed up to escort the Champion out of the kingdom, the whole city was in a frenzy. After hearing about a child of Zerris showing up in the city, everyone was panicking.

Adventurers were grabbing their gear and marching over to the castle. They tried to get inside but the guards made sure to keep them away.

Some of them actually managed to get passed them but were quickly caught and arrested. They believed that what they were doing was the right thing.

In a sense, they were. Knowing how dangerous Zerris is, a Child of Zerris or even Champion is just as worse.

The citizens of this city were just trying to purge the evil that's lurking in their home.

Unfortunately, the Champion wasn't one of them. He wasn't like the children of Zerris or even what the legends say about Zerris's Champion.

Zemmi was able to see that for herself. From what she observed, the only thing she saw was a kid trying to have an easy life.

She saw nothing truly wicked in his heart. The Champion was indeed twisted, in a sense, but he wasn't evil.

"Let's get moving," Zemmi told the others. "We need to tell Allen and the others about what happened."

"Right."

And so, the three girls quickly left the Lunenham Forest.

-Watcona Forest-

A few miles on the opposite side of the city, the Orcs were still recovering from their failed ambush against the humans.

"Damn it! I didn't expect them to be that strong!" Korgan was frustrated by their failure.

The only way to display his frustration was by punching a tree.

"Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit! Dammit all!" With each punch, he puts a bigger hole in the tree until . . .

SNAP!

The tree snaps apart and tumbles to the ground.

"Goddammit!" Korgan roared at the top of his lungs.

He howls could be heard for miles as it echoed through the forest.

After failing to capture the boy with black hair, Korgan and his fellow orcs were recovering. They were also burying their deceased near their home.

After seeing so many of his kind were killed, he felt like hunting down the bastards that killed his brethren. But, he had other issues to deal with.

"I see you've gone through some . . . Issues," A mysterious voice called out to Korgan.

Although it sounded mysterious, Korgan was all too familiar with the voice.