Chapter 105: The Second Encounter

They're starting to get close.

Thanks to my crows, I'm able to keep an eye on Van and the others with him. It seems like Reiko's noticing the stares though, so I should be careful.

They were about half a mile away from us now and closing. Good thing I got Terra to move the monsters somewhere else before they spotted it.

Speaking of which . . .

"Terra, you ready?" I asked.

[Yes, master.]

"Alright, tremor away!" I gave the Divine Beast the cue.

Terra then dug its claws into the ground. Soon after, the whole mountain started to shake.

I quickly switched back into my Crow's eyes to see how Van and his friends were doing. They were definitely caught up in the shaking.

What I was planning to do was cause a little tremor to catch these guys off guard. With them disoriented, I'll be able to wipe them out faster.

However, although they were feeling the tremor, they just pushed on forward. They're persistent, I'll give them that.

"D-D-Damien? C-c-c-could you k-kind of stop n-now?" Vlad begged me while his teeth clattered.

Right, although Terra can cause tremors, positioning it wasn't possible. So, not only was Van feeling the tremor but so were we. 

I was hesitant for a moment, but I soon realized that the tremor wasn't working on Van's group, so I gave up.

"That's enough, Terra. These guys aren't going to be done in by a tremor."

[Understood.]

Terra then pulled its claws out of the ground, and the tremors stopped almost immediately.

Damn. I at least thought that they would be a little affected by it, but I guess I got too hopeful.

They're already getting closer by the minute, so I guess I should just wait for them. Having Terra deal with them would be easier, but I got a score to settle with Van and Reiko.

I've never met the other two, so I didn't really care about them. Vlad could deal with them for all I care.

So, instead of trying to stop our enemies from coming to us, we allowed them to. It took about a good eleven minutes before they finally got here.

During that time, I decided to set up some traps, but that'll be introduced when the show starts. For now, it's time to greet our guests.

They were getting close to Terra's hideout, so I waited for them at the entrance. As they entered in, I confronted them.

Van was the first to notice me. He smiled as our eyes made contact.

"Well, if it isn't Zerris's Champion. It's a pleasure seeing you again." He bowed like some sort of gentleman, but nothing is gentleman-like about that evil smile of his.

"So, I guess your King didn't take my warning, huh? The Human King and the rulers that sided with him decided to leave me alone, so why can't he and the rulers on his side do the same?"

"Because you are too dangerous to be left alone. Our King has the courage to stand up to you. Allen is too timid to push his luck."

"And your King is too arrogant. There's a fine line between courageous and stupid, and your King has crossed it."

Van didn't say anything, but I noticed that his hands were clenched. I also saw a vein on his forehead was throbbing.

Seems that I touched a nerve. Good.