Chapter 17: The Lonely Inn

After searching for a little bit, Amy and I finally found a place to rest.

It was an Inn called . . . "The Lonely Inn"?

Yeah, I wasn't joking. It actually said this.

Despite having a name like this, it didn't really have the appearance of being lonely. There was no crooked sign that was hanging on one hinge, no spider webs, worn out wood, or anything at that matter.

It actually looks clean and nice. Plus, judging from the loud noise inside the Inn, it didn't seem that barren at all.

As Amy and I both stared at the name of the Inn, we quickly came to a decision.

"Alright, let's go inside, I guess."

"As you wish, master."

Both of us then walked inside the Inn. Once we were inside, we were faced with a rowdy group of adults drinking and having fun at their tables.

I'm starting to reconsider doing this. Unfortunately, this was about the only Inn in this damn town.

Is it too late to set up camp outside?

While I kept thinking about this, Amy and I approached the counter where a female worker was at.

She had short amber hair and appeared to be four years older than me. She looked pretty as well.

"Welcome to The Lonely Inn! How may I help you today?" She asked in a cheery tone.

Hmm, I didn't sense any ugliness from her. It seems that this cheery attitude of hers wasn't an act.

Back in my old world, I was faced with a lot of fakers. Especially the ones that acted nice towards me, but they had ulterior motives.

I'm pretty sure that there was this girl in my school that acted nice to me. She got the bullies to leave me alone and seemed very clingy to me.

I actually thought that she was doing this for my sake. Unfortunately, Reality was that much of a bitch.

After about a month of that girl being around me, she finally decided to show her true self. What happened next turned my life into even more of a living hell than before.

You see, that girl I mention that was nice to me but wasn't really was actually the sister of the bastard that currently bullied me. Yeah, that light brown haired bitch was Roy's sister.

I don't know the details, but they were half-siblings or something. Apparently, that girl was only nice to me because Roy wanted to see if I was good enough to torture.

After that month of being free from all the school bullies, I was put right back into the fire. Only this time, they added more gasoline to fuel the flame.

Just thinking about it was pissing me off.

"Uh, sir? Are you okay?" The amber-haired receptionist called out to me.

I was pulled out of my trance and answered.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"T-then, please tell me what you need, sir," She asked with a smile.

It seemed a little forced, but I think that was because of my behavior before.

Anyways, I turned to Amy. She got the message and spoke.

"We would like a room, please."

"Okay, do you want two rooms or just the one?"

Two rooms, obviously.

"We'll take one room," Amy told the girl.

Huh? I looked at Amy with a concerned look.

She noticed my stares but ignored them. What the hell is this girl thinking?

"Alright, the-" Before the receptionist could finish our order, I jumped in.

"Two rooms, please," I told her.

"Eh?" The receptionist muttered.

I said nothing and stared. She soon got the picture and made the order.

"O-okay, two rooms, then. And how many days are you staying?"

"Three to four days," I told her.

"Then that'll be four silver coins, sir."

I quickly took out a pouch and gave her the four silver coins.

If you're wondering how I got money, it wasn't from the villagers. I actually got them from Derk.

Well, Derk didn't actually give them to me, but I wasn't going to let the money go to waste.

You see, when I killed Derk, I found another room that was filled with gold coins and treasures. Seeing that I just came to this world and didn't have any money on me, I thought this was a good thing for me.

Besides, Derk was dead so why should a dead guy keep all this money? I might as well put it to good use, you know.

Anyway, the receptionist took the silver coins and then gave us to keys.

"Your rooms will be on the second floor. The rooms are Room 12 and Room 13," She explained.

"Thank you," I told the girl and walked off.

Amy soon followed behind me. We then went to our rooms and checked them out.

They were both pretty simple. One bed, a nightstand, and also a chest.

The bed was neatly clean, and the entire room smelled nice. No signs of rats or a foul smell.

At least this place is sanitary. I told Amy to get our stuff from the carriage and park it somewhere else.

It'll take a while, so I'll just-

"I'm back, master."

Before I could finish my thought, Amy came into my room. She already had our bags in her hands.

"That was quick."

"It didn't really take that long. Those horses were pretty quick to understand where I wanted to go."

"I see."

As we spoke, Amy placed my bag next to my bed and sat down.

"What should we do now, master?" She asked me.

"Right now, we should look around the town. There might be some things that we can buy here."

"Understood,"

Once we got all of our stuff in our rooms, we went downstairs to head outside. Just when we were going to the door, a bunch of grown men blocked out path.

"Hey there, kid. Where do you think you're going?" A man with a scar on his face asked me with a sinister grin.

Great, another pain to deal with. 

Author's Note: 

Okay, so we all know how this is going to end for those guys, right? Good, just seeing if we're all on the same page. 

Anyway, I got a bit of an announcement to make. I'm making a discord server. 

I'm doing this so you guys can talk to me and ask all the questions you want, as long as it doesn't contain any spoilers. If you wanted to ask me why I created the characters the way I did or what did I base them on, then go right ahead. 

Here's the link to my server: https://discord.gg/mKm9Y4f

I'll be on the server for a little bit, but not the whole day today. I have some things that I need to do, so I won't be on there all the time. 

And that's all! Please comment down what you think and check out my discord server. 

See Ya!