Chapter 128: Drowning

I can't breathe...

It feels like I'm sinking in a black ocean, and there was no surface to reach up to. I just keep swimming up, hoping to get some air, but my lungs are continuously being filled with water.

Agh! My heads starting to hurt again!

The pain is keeping me from trying to swim to the surface. I have to hold my head to lessen the pain.

I can't take this anymore! Please, just make it stop already!

As if my wishes were finally answered, I was then swept away by the current. After a few moments, I found myself falling down a river.

I couldn't tell since everything was so dark, but I could hear the rushing water as it falls down. I splashed in another body of water but soon made it to land.

I pulled myself out of the river and coughed up a lot of water. How am I even alive after inhaling so much it?

I saved my questions for later and just appreciated the fact that I was alive. However, I had a question floating around my head.

Where am I?

Before, I was just swimming in a black body of water with nothing much to show. Now, I found myself near a forest close by the river from before.

Also, everything around me wasn't dark anymore. There was plenty of light and color around me.

I could still hear the sound of the rushing river, but also the sound of chirping birds. My body was cold from the river, but it was then warmed up by the beating sun.

It felt really peaceful here. I felt at ease.

I could lie on the ground for hours, just taking in this moment for as long as I could.

But, I can't help but feel as though something's off about this.

And there was something else that was bothering me.

...Who am I?

Once I made it land to where I can freely think in peace, that sudden question popped in my head. For some reason, I have no idea who I am.

I don't even know my name, much less why the hell I'm even here. I felt a bit thirsty, so I decided to get some water from the river.

As I placed my hand in, I saw my reflection through in the river.

Is...this me?

Looking at my water reflection, I saw that I had black hair, white skin, and black eyes. I also noticed that I seem to be a teenager.

It looks so weird seeing my face since I don't even know what I look like. It's like seeing a stranger even though its suppose to be you if that makes any sense.

I took a look at my body and saw my current clothes. Leather jacket, gray shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes.

I must really like black, huh?

Once I got a little water to drink, I walked away from the river and looked around. I don't know where I am, but I need to find someplace to stay at before it gets dark.

Something tells me that the creatures here at night aren't something I want to encounter. Following my gut, I entered the forest in search of shelter.

As I searched around the forest, I realized that it was getting a lot darker than before. I thought that the sun was setting already, but I soon realized that it was the trees.

They were blocking most of the sun, making look like it was nighttime. It gave me a chilling feeling for some reason.

Not only that, but I feel like I've been here before. This whole forest gave me a familiar feeling.