Chapter 30: Upcoming Trouble

We finally arrived at Grayhaven.

To be honest, this place was more barren than a desert town. You know, the ones in those wild west movies with the tumbleweeds?

Forget it.

Anyway, the moment we arrived at the town, we were met up with guards. Other than that, there were no other people.

Speaking of which, when I saw those guards, they didn't look all that well. They were sickly pale and looked like they were about to pass out, but somehow kept their composure.

What's up with these guys?

Wait, don't tell me that they're vampires. I got a bit cautious around them, so I checked their status.

Nope, they're just humans. Really pale and sick humans.

Since these guys were humans, what made them look so pale. It's like all the color from their body just washed away.

It was kind of disturbing to look at.

". . . State your business." One of the sickly guards told us.

"We're here to get supplies and quickly leave," I told him.

"Understood . . . You may pass." There was a pause, but the guard quickly allowed us to pass.

We didn't waste any time and rode right into town.

Just as I saw it from outside the gate, this entire place looked deserted. I was afraid that there was actually nobody here, so I used [Detection], and I soon detected a whole lot of people indoors.

What's up with that?

We're in the middle of the day. Sure, it was cloudy, and the sun was barely showing, but still.

While I pondered this, Amy almost ran into someone. The person screamed as Amy tried to stop the carriage.

We didn't hit the person, but we did manage to scare her. I pulled my head out of the carriage to check it out.

It was a girl no older than fifteen. She had long bluish pink hair and wore a velvet dress.

She looked really nice, but there was something off about her. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

That's when I noticed that she also pale like those guards. But the difference was she didn't look sickly weak.

In fact, she looked a lot healthier and better than the guards. Before I could see what was up with her, she quickly bolted.

She just noticed me and ran off as if something spooked her. Was it because of my hair?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I finally learned Illusion Magic on our way here. As a result, I learned a spell that allows me to hide my black hair.

It was called [Disguise] and with this spell, I was able to change the color of my hair from black to gray. Thanks to this, I no longer have to hide my face from other people.

Which also means that I don't have to keep wearing that cloak anymore. I'm still keeping it as a just in case of an emergency situation.

Anyway, what was with that girl? Did I spook her or something?

Whatever, I don't have time for this. The sooner I leave this town, the better.

This place was giving me the creeps.

-Vlad's POV-

Thirsty . . . So thirsty.

I didn't think the thirst would be so bad. I mean, I've been too busy running for my life that I didn't even think about drinking to get my energy back.