Chapter 103: Finally Caught Up

A day or so after the battle against the Divine Beast now known as Terra, Van and the rest of the Champion hunting team finally made it to Malburrow Town.

They were actually the first out of the other three groups that made it to the Town first. However, the other two groups aren't that far behind.

Once Van and the others entered the town, they were greeted by frantic guards and scared civilians.

"What's going on with this town?" Sarron muttered.

"It must be the Mountain of Death. I heard that there have been frequent monster attacks lately," Van answered.

"It's the same for the Beastfolk town on the other side," Sullivan added. "It seems that whatever is going on in the mountains is causing alot of troubles from both sides."

Usually, this would only be an abnormal problem that would die down or be dealt with sooner or later. But none of them could help shake the fact that the Champion was involved.

Could he be in the mountains now, causing all kinds of chaos? It might even be running the monsters off the mountains while he made it way to the other side.

"Alright, what do we do now?" Anamath asked. "We need to find the Champion quickly."

"Yeah, but the problem is he might either be in the mountain or in the town. So, we need to pick a place to start," Gwen suggested.

The mountains or the town? Which should they try first?

If they went for the mountains, then they'll be dealing with monsters, which may or may not be stronger than them. Plus, if the Champion's not in the mountains, then they'll miss their chance while he vanishes again.

On the other hand, if they searched the Town, the Champion might be in the mountains and might have already made it over to the beastfolk land.

So, what should they do?

Then, Sarron made a suggestion.

"How about this? Anamath, Gwen, and I will search the town, while the rest of you check out the mountain. That way, we'll be able to find the champion faster and more effectively."

It was a good plan. If they did that, they'll be able to make their search quicker.

"Alright, we should get going," Van said. "The faster we find the Champion, the faster we'll take care of him."

"Are you even sure this plan of yours is going to work?" Sullivan stared at Van.

"What, you don't trust me?" Van smiled.

"Not with that demonic smile of yours, no."

Van could only laugh at the beastman's remark. "Let's get a move on then, shall we?"

"I'm with you!" Ozath laughed loudly as he walked beside Van.

Reiko and Sullivan looked at one another in concern, but they too walked with the two demon generals.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Sullivan muttered.

"So do I, but we need to focus on the mission. Also," Reiko hesitated. "Do you smell the boy?"

"Which one?" Sullivan grimly asked. "I heard that there were two boys we were hunting."

"You know who I'm talking about."

"Ah, the vampire," Sullivan made a disgusting face. "Then, yeah, I do smell the boy. Only a little bit, though. He's hiding his scent pretty well, but I can still smell that blood-sucker a mile away. Mainly because he's part of the royal bloodline."