Chapter 24: Paying a Visit

-Thomas's POV-

"What the hell do you mean that you were caught?!" I tossed a table at the messenger.

"Forgive me, boss! Those adventurers were too well trained to take on. They were likely B Ranks."

"That's not an excuse, you dipshit!"

Right now, I was having a little chat with one of the members of my crew. Well, it was more like me chewing him out for being an idiot.

Apparently, this moron and a few other members ran into who he said were B Rank adventurers.

You see, The Rogue Wolves were the strongest in the town, and we were only C Rank adventurers. That would mean that these adventurers were not from here.

Which begs the questions . . . Why the hell are they here?!

"Don't you have any clue as to why these guys are in our town in the first place?" I asked in an irritated tone.

"No, boss."

"Then what the hell are you good for, huh?!" I tossed another object at the idiot. "Get out of my sight!"

"Yes, boss!" He then ran away as if his life depended on it, which it did.

Once he was out of my sight, I tried to figure out what the hell was going on. Why are B-Rank adventurers doing here?

There should be no reason since there are no B-Rank quests. It's mostly F through C.

So, if it's not for quests, then why are they here? Wait, from that idiot's explanation, it sounded like they were looking for me.

In fact, I remember that idiot saying something about them talking to that little brat from before.

Speaking of which, where are my scouts? They should've reported to me hours ago.

Suddenly, another person burst through my door.

"Boss, we have a major emergency!"

"What the hell is it now?!" I was in no mood for this shit.

"It's the kid! The one that took you down."

What?!

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I rushed over and grabbed his shirt.

"H-he found out that we were spying on him and killed all of the scouts except me."

Are you shitting me?! That little bastard did that?

Wait a minute . . .

"Why did he spare you?!" I seethed.

"T-to give you a message! He said that he was going to pay you a visit."

. . .

It took me a minute to comprehend what I just heard. Once I finally grasped the situation, I grabbed the nearest dagger and stabbed the idiot in the next.

He choked on his own blood for a couple seconds before collapsing on the spot.

That idiot . . . Led the brat here!

This moron led that shit stain back to my base!

Just when I realized the situation I got into, I heard screaming in the distance.

"Intruders! We have intruders!"

"Run away!"

. . . This is not going to end well, is it?

-Damien's POV-

Geez, I didn't think that these guys would be so weak.

Well, looking at their stats, it's no wonder, but still. I at least expected some of them to put up a fight.