Chapter 52: Control

-Vlad's POV-

What happened to Damien?

When he rushed over to pick up the sword, he froze as soon as he pulled it out of the stone. What's going on?

"Amy, what's wrong with Damien?" I asked her.

"I-I'm not sure, but something's definitely going on."

We both cautiously watched Damien as he stood there, frozen in place like a statue. It was getting a little nerve-wracking.

"Hey, Arri, do you know what's going on with Damien?" I asked the monster.

"Hmm, I think so," Arri pondered about it. "He might be speaking to Emily through the sword."

He talking to Emily, huh. That only makes me more nervous.

What are they talking about? And why is it taking so long?

"Ah, he's moving!" Amy informed me.

I saved my thoughts for later to look at Damien. He was slowly turning around, but he kept his head down.

Something's wrong. Damien wouldn't act like this.

Amy knew that too because she was on her guard.

"H-hey, Damien, are you okay?" I timidly asked.

He said nothing and stayed in place. I've got a bad feeling about this.

"Ah!" Arri gasped for some reason, which startled both Amy and me.

"What's wrong?" Amy asked.

"Master's about to attack!"

What?! Why would he do that?!

". . . Kill . . . Kill everyone!" Damien shouted.

The next thing I knew, he was right in front of us slashing his sword down. We dodged his attack but were completely shocked by what's going on.

Why is he attacking us?!

"I'll kill every last one of you!" Damien roared as he slashed his sword around.

I took out my two blades to block his attacks. Even when I did, his sheer strength was nothing to scoff at.

When I managed to block Damien's attack, I couldn't handle the force he sent down and was pushed back into a wall.

Wow, he's a lot stronger when he's serious, huh? While I was busy healing from his attack, Damien went after Amy and Arri.

Seriously, what's gotten into him

I could only stare at Damien with both worry and caution.

This fight isn't going to end well if we don't find a way to stop him.

-Damien's POV-

I continued to slash at my parents.

Chopping off their limbs, making more stab wounds, making more cuts on their bodies, and more. They were already dead while I was doing this, but venting out my anger at them was all I cared about.

I was doing this with Emily's sword. For some reason, I got a lot of power from it.

With every slash I used on my parents, the better it felt. So, I just kept doing the same routine.

Doing this felt amazing. After all the crap these bastards put me through, I can finally get back at them.

But, it would be better if they were alive to feel all this pain. I didn't really care at the moment, but it wouldn't hurt.