Chapter 53: Thanatos

You know, I was sick of being stuck in that void whenever I fall asleep, but being back in my old apartment was even worse.

After I passed out in the dungeon, I found myself back in the apartment from my past and in my younger body. Not only that, but I was strapped to the wall just like before.

What the hell am I doing here? This is a real pain right now.

Well, at least my parents weren't here, so I was by myself.

"Are we going to keep doing this, Emily?" I called out to her.

Suddenly, Emily appeared before me. She kneeled over and grinned.

"What's so funny?" I glared.

"Nothing really. I just find your past interesting."

What's so interesting about being strapped to a wall while being scorned at by my parents? Does she think this is some sick foreplay or something?

Luckily nothing like that ever happened to me, but still.

"Could you at least get me out of these chains?" I asked.

"Oh, sure," Emily then snapped her fingers, and the chains disappeared.

I rubbed my wrists while staring at Emily. She gave me a puzzled look but said nothing.

"So, what now?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Emily looked at me, confused.

"You said that I passed your test, right? What happens now?"

"Oh, right!" She finally realized what I mean and got down to business. "Since you passed, you are now qualified to wield me."

"Is that it?" I asked.

"What do you mean 'is that it'?! I'm one of the most powerful weapons on this planet, you know!"

"Really? I didn't know."

My response dumbfounded Emily. She practically had her mouth wide open from the shock.

"You . . .!" Emily's face started to turn red with anger.

She even puffed out her cheeks, but her angry expression only made her look cute. She didn't really look all that intimidating.

"Fine! Since you don't believe me, I'll show you what I'm capable of!" Emily snapped her fingers again, and I found myself in some kind of forge.

It was like we were inside a metal room. I saw blacksmiths working on their weapons or tools, there was steam all over the place, and I could feel the heat.

"Where are we?"

"Vuthar's Forge. It's called The Hagnot Forge. It's located on an unknown island, inside an active volcano."

We're inside a volcano? How was that possible?

While I thought about that, Emily spoke up.

"Look over there," She pointed over to a certain blacksmith working on something.

He was well over seven feet tall, extremely muscular, and had a thick beard covering his face. He was just hammering away at whatever he was making.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"That's Vuthar, God of the Forge."

He's a god? He doesn't really display any god-like features.

Hell, he doesn't even give off any god-like presence, unlike Zerris. I continued to examine the supposed god of the forge to see what tells me that he's a god.