Chapter 135: Family Issues

"Amy, stop!" I shouted.

Amy ignored me and lunged straight for Kenos. Instead of getting surprised, the First Elder devilishly smiled and prepared to defend herself.

"Bring it on!" Kenos challenged.

As Amy got closer to Kenos, she fired multiple spells of many kinds. Fireballs, water blades, pebbles, shadow spikes, mana arrows and more were launched at the First Elder.

"Is that it? How boring!" Kenos laughed as she swiped her hand, destroying the magic spells instantly.

She also managed to push Amy back, because she flew backward away from Kenos. She managed to land on her feet, but she wasn't given enough time to make another move.

"My turn!" Kenos declared as she fired black orbs at Amy.

Amy didn't have enough time to dodge the attack, so she summoned a barrier to protect her. Unfortunately, the majority of the orbs managed to break through her barrier, getting critical hits.

"Amy!" I shouted.

I quickly glared at Kenos, who was smiling even more menacing than before. I clenched my fist in anger, seeing her looking so happy as she hurts my friend.

"Kenos!" I snarled. "I order you to seize your attacks! You are forbidden to use any magic of any kind and are forbidden to engage in any conflict without my permission!"

Suddenly, the slave collar around Kenos's neck appeared and strained against her throat. The Elder gasped, grabbing the collar and trying to prevent it from choking her.

She fell to her knees, huffing like crazy by the activation of the slave collar.

Good, it looks like it worked. Now, time to go check on Amy.

I turned back to where Amy was but only saw a blurred figure zooming towards Kenos.

Crap!

Kenos looked in shock as Amy was about to go for her neck. I wasted no time and rushed in between the two powerful beings.

I placed myself in front of Amy and pulled out my arms.

"That's enough, Amy!" I ordered.

Unlike Kenos, I didn't really have a hold against Amy. I just had to trust that she had more self-control than the Elder.

Amy soon noticed my presence and made an immediate halt. Her feet skidded on the floor as she tried to stop her movements.

Once she was able to stop herself from crashing into me, Amy looked at me with confusion and utter fear.

"Master, why are you protecting her?!" She questioned me in rage. "That monster nearly took control of your body!"

"I understand your anger, Amy, but you don't have to worry about that now," I reasoned.

"How can I not worry?! She played with your emotions and made you believe that all of us betrayed you! She can't be trusted!"

Man, this is getting out of hand. I know that Amy hates Kenos, but she doesn't have to worry about that now.

"Just listen for a second, Amy," I said as I was about to continue until she interrupted.

"I don't believe it! Y-You must still be getting tricked by her!"

"That's not it, so just take a second to calm down."

"No way! Not until I have that woman under my foot!"

She then marched over to Kenos and me. This is really getting out of hand right now.

I didn't know what else to do, so I rushed to her and grabbed her shoulders. Amy was caught off guard by this and staggered.