Chapter 4: The Basilisk

It's been a few hours since we've started our journey to the village, and so far, we ran into plenty of trouble.

Ever since our encounters with those goblins, we've been running into them a lot more frequently. All of them being a lot stronger than the last one.

It was weird to see so many of them, but I didn't really complain since I've been leveling up like crazy.

These were my current stats.

Name: Damien Crow

Race: Human(?)

Age: 15

Class: None

Level: 12

STR: 15,530

DEF: 13,405

AGI: 17,678

MRES: 13,450

Skills: [Appraisal], [False Status], [Detection], [Hide Presence], [Hand-to-Hand Combat], [Dagger Arts: Intermediate], [Fire Magic], [Water Magic], [Earth Magic], [Wind Magic], [Swordsmanship: Intermediate]

Special Skills: [Zerris's Blessing]

Titles: [Child of Zerris], [The Dark Champion], [Other-Worlder], [Merciless One], [Goblin Slayer]

I'm impressed that I've improved so much. I guess I owe it to [Zerris's Blessing], huh.

Those goblins were all F Ranked, but their stats did improve after each encounter. Plus, I ran into a couple of goblins with different classes.

One of the goblins I ran into had a [Fire Mage] Class. Another one had a [Warrior] Class.

Their ranks were still the same, but they were indeed stronger. Some of them were even smarter.

Some of the goblins I've encountered actually used their head to take down their enemies. An example of this, traps.

One of the goblins decided to set up traps around the forest. There were bear traps, nets, pitfalls, and even blow darts.

We were caught off guard at first since these guys were basically charging at us, but after that, we've been on a careful lookout for them. Thanks to [Detection], it was easy to find the traps.

I believe the goblin that set up the traps had a [Trapper] Class. At least I now know what I'm dealing with.

Anyways, like the other goblins, they all had the same time, [Derk's Soldier]. It seems like this Derk guy really wants me dead.

So far, the goblins I've been fighting have been between level 2 to level 7, and their stats were in the hundreds or close to it.

Right now, my stats are in the thousands. If this Derk guy wants to kill me, then he'll have to do better than that.

Anyway, after mowing down the goblins with ease, we're getting closer to our destination. Or so Amy says.

"You sure we're close to the village?" I asked.

"Yes, master. Do you doubt me?" Amy turned with an annoyed expression.

"No, but I'm getting a little tired of killing goblins. The sooner we get to the village, the sooner we don't have to deal with these guys."

I wasn't sure that was the case, but I had no other choice but to believe that since I'm getting sick of slaying goblins. I just want to find a place to sleep and think of our next plan of action.

"Do not worry, master, we're definitely close to the village," Amy assured me.

"Let's hope so. Otherwise, you're dealing with these goblins."