Chapter 35: Big News

-Bell's POV-

This night is getting to dull for me.

Usually, during the night, I would find a human to play with, but I just didn't feel like it today. In fact, my mind's been busy ever since I met that boy.

He was that newcomer with the girl with the blue hair. She seemed pretty cute to toy around with, but that boy was something else.

He looked so cold and dangerous. He didn't really give off that impression, but something told me that he didn't care about anything or anyone.

I bet he would kill somebody without batting an eye. A man like that . . . Would be so much fun to toy around with!

I've been alive for a couple centuries, so torturing people gets a little boring. They always have the same reaction, and they always break easily.

I really hate it when my toys break so quickly. Where's the fun in torturing them if they can't last long enough for me to enjoy it?

As I thought this, I went by the food market. Since I was a vampire, I really didn't need to eat food, but that wasn't why I went over there.

There was a secret entrance to our base underground. The underground base of ours was a catacomb.

We found out about the catacombs while we were investigating the town. The other vampires and I thought it was a great place to take over.

That's why Garth and I were assigned to take over it. After a couple weeks of investigating and undercover work, we were finally able to turn that town into our base.

We've been running this town for almost three months now. So far, we've been laying low and gathering a lot of information.

Our current plan was turning all of the nearby towns, and then work our way to the city. Once we've conquered the city, we'll have one human kingdom down.

As for the other kingdoms, we'll have to make sure that word doesn't spread around about a new vampire kingdom popping up. The last time that happened, the whole world almost wiped us out.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. That was not a good day for us.

Anyway, once I got to the food market, I went to the back and saw the hatch leading down. I opened it up and went down.

About seven to eight meters below ground, narrow stone passages, and a lot of coffins, this was our base of operations. There weren't that many vampires down here since it was nighttime, so they're all hanging up on the surface.

Since the catacomb was currently empty, I wasted no time and went to the center. There were a few traps like pitfalls with spikes, arrows, and even our pet spiders, but I knew the place inside and out so I avoided all of them.

Hmm? Why do I get the feeling I'm being watched?

I looked around but didn't find anything. 

I guess it was just my imagination.

Anyway, I finally arrived at the center of the catacomb. It was a giant cavern-like tomb.

There was a room down the cavern tomb, so I went down there. That's when I saw Garth.

He was going through some documents by himself.

"Hello, Garth~" I called him.

"Oh, hey," Garth replied and went back to the papers.

I got a little annoyed by his reaction, but I kept my cool and walked towards him.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat down on the table with the papers.