Chapter 76: The Warning

Once Amy, Vlad, and I woke up and rested a bit, we followed Zemmi to meet the continental rulers.

Arri and Raven were summoned away, so it was just the three of us. As we walked through the castle, we arrived in front of a massive double door.

Zemmi pushed open the double doors, and I saw a massive throne room. Standing at the end of the room was the human king and the other rulers from the sphere.

When we walked inside and to them, everyone glared at us. Mainly me.

Their glares were a little annoying. I would do something about their stares, but I'm currently shackled like before, along with Vlad and Amy.

It seems that these shackles have some kind of nullifying ability. However, unlike before, the shackles had no effect on me this time.

I could easily break these cuffs off me, but I decided to play along. Amy and Vlad, however, were opposed to the idea, but I was able to convince them to drop it.

If the others knew about the cuffs being ineffective, things would've been gotten more problematic than before. Staying like this was the best solution for me.

Plus, if things go south, I can break free and escape.

There was also another reason why I'm not saying anything about the shackles. These people seem pretty confident that they'll hold me, so I plan to crush their expectations when the times right.

Once we were close enough to the rulers, we stopped a couple of feet away from them. The rulers then glared at the three of us.

I wasn't fazed and kept staring at them.

Suddenly, the demon ruler spoke up.

"I suggest you fools kneel. You are in the presence of the continental rulers."

"So?" I simply said.

Like I give a damn about that. I'm not kneeling to anyone, especially these bastards.

The demon ruler grunted in frustration. He then raised his hand, and a fireball appeared.

"Don't toy with me, boy! Or I'll incinerate you!"

I said nothing and glared at him. Right when the demon ruler was fed up with me and decided to throw his fireball, the human king stepped up.

"That's enough Raizur. Remember what we agreed on."

The demon ruler named Raizur glared at both me and the human king before submitting to him. He grumbled a little then went silent.

"Now then," The human ruler spoke up. "It's time for us to deal with you, Champion of Darkness."

"And why exactly are you doing that? I did nothing wrong."

"You're very existence has caused us a great deal of trouble, Champion!" The tiger roared at me. "Ever since you arrived in this world, monsters have been causing more trouble and some of us are struggling to keep them in check. Not only that but some of the minor rulers in my continent are trying to overthrow me."

"I could care less about your continent."

The tiger grew enraged by my comment. Hey, if he didn't want me to answer like that, he shouldn't have been complaining.

Besides, it's not like there was another way to send me here. Apparently, summoning someone from another world takes a lot of energy.

Not only that but the aftermath of the summon is about as disastrous as these guys are saying about their world.