Chapter 15: Departure

-King Allen's POV-

"And you're sure that this happened in the Zalkard Forest?"

"Yes, my king. We've concluded that the explosion of energy occurred at this forest. I'll be sending in my troops to do a thorough search."

"Alright. Make sure that you figure out what's behind this. After that wave of energy happened, all kinds of monsters been popping around the city."

"Understood, my king. I will not fail you."

"I'm sure you won't, Zami. Just be careful and make sure that if you find the source of that energy, you'll deal with it quickly."

"As you wish, my king."

After our conversation, my youngest yet strongest Knight, known as Zami Thy, departed to begin her assignment.

About a week or so ago, there was this big burst of energy that caused a huge uproar. We tried to figure out where it came from, but thanks to that explosion, we've been busy dealing with monsters that kept swarming our city.

It seems that whatever caused that burst of energy also scared the monsters too because some of the creatures that we've been fighting usually don't show up around our city.

This was a big issue. Without knowing what caused this incident, there might be another one happening soon.

Even if another explosion doesn't happen, we still need to know what exactly happened. Unfortunately, I'm not the only one finding the cause of this.

The other continents are doing it too. Whatever that energy wave was, it affected the whole world.

Thanks to this, the Beast-folk, Demons, Elves, Dwarves, and the rest of the races are trying to find out the cause. But, their reasons were different than mine.

Take the demons, for example. They plan to find this source and try to use it to their advantage.

Even when we signed that damn treaty, crafted by the Champions of the Gods, those demonic bastards are still trying to take over the world.

But, I can't say that I've haven't considered using this source myself. But, I only want to use it as a shield to protect my Kingdom from invasions.

Gods, this is a complete mess.

What kind of object or person could cause all of this chaos?

-Damien's POV-

Huh? Why was I back in the void?

As I looked around, I could only see darkness from every corner. This is definitely the void from back then.

The question now is why was I back?

It's been a couple days since I dealt with Derk and his little goblin army. Since then, I helped out the villagers and also figured out what I was going to do once I left.

David told me that there was a city called Dritmont where I could settle down in. There are a couple of towns while on the way to Dritmont, so we'll rest there.

While I thought about this, I felt a familiar chill run down my spine. I turned around and saw the black beast from before.

"Hello, again~" The beast greeted me.

Oh, great. Why did it have to be this thing?

I met this beast when I first came to this world. Despite it looking so horrific, I wasn't afraid of this thing.

In actuality, I fell somewhat connected to the thing. That only makes things feel more uncomfortable with it.

"What do you want?" I coldly asked.