Chapter 144: Residence

It's been about two days after the Royal gathering.

So far, nothing has happened. You think that revealing my existence to the world would cause a little trouble, but there hasn't been anything happening lately.

It was very quiet...but it was making me nervous.

I was mostly just relaxing back at the Inn we were staying at. Amy and the others were looking around as usual.

I wanted to join them, but my minds been too busy keeping up with everything that's happened recently.

Plus, I can't stop thinking about my encounter with that bastard Paladin. He said his name was Uriel Dove, right?

I find it a little weird and creepy that both our last names are after birds. Just pointing that out now.

But, that guy was seriously strong. I didn't want to risk looking at his status, but I knew without a doubt that he was insanely powerful.

To make matters worse, he swore that we'll see each other again and next time, he'll try to kill me. I'd rather avoid our encounter for as long as possible.

But, if the need arises, I will take him on. He already threatened Amy and Thana after they got angry at him.

There's no way out of this now. He'll be coming after us now.

I'm still curious about why he suddenly left like that. I also wonder who he was speaking to.

He called the person "Milord". Maybe it's like a holy king or something?

Agh! I can't keep thinking about this forever, dammit!

I pulled myself out of the bed and tried to clear my thoughts. Thinking about all this trouble will only give me a headache.

Let's try to get some air.

I got out of the bed and walked for the door. When I went to open it up, I was greeted by a startled Zemmi.

"W-whoa! Uh...hi?" She awkwardly waved at me.

You know, we may not be enemies anymore, but part of me just can't like her. Maybe it's because of her, oh, I don't know, stabbing me in the stomach?

Yeah, that's probably it.

Seeing as how she was nervously waiting for a response, I did so.

"Come on," I told her while motioning her to come inside the room. "I don't want people thinking anything weird about some pretty lady standing in front of my door."

"E-eh? Y-you think I'm pretty?" Zemmi blushed at my comment.

Seeing her act so happy made my stomach churn.

"Just get in already before someone gets the wrong idea, alright?" I grumbled.

Zemmi complied and walked inside my room. She looked around with curiosity before spotting my bed and jumped on it.

"What are you, a kid?" I stared at the childish Zemmi with annoyance.

The dragon woman noticed her behavior and quietly sat down, turning red as an apple.

I didn't expect her to act like that. It almost looked like she did it out of instinct or some kind of impulse.

I figured that asking her about that wouldn't do me any good, so I decided to go with my main question.

"So, why are you here?" I asked.

"Ah, that!" Zemmi realized. "I came here to offer you something."