Chapter 37: Change of Plans

During the conversation between Vlad and me, I learned a lot about vampires.

Well, more like I relearned a lot about them. It seems that the vampires here were almost like the ones in my old world.

They're weak to silver, the sun, and holy items or spells like blessed crosses. It's good to know that these guys were just like my vampires back home.

But, unlike the vampires from my old world, these guys weren't weak to garlic. When I asked Vlad if they were weak to it, he looked at me as if I asked a stupid question.

That aside, with the knowledge I have now, I can deal with these bastards a lot easier.

Other than vampires, I decided to ask how Vlad ended up here in the first place. So, he told me what happened to him before coming to this town.

He said that he was a prisoner to the vampires. When he was born, he and his mother were taken by them and locked up for about a decade.

During that time, he was abused and tormented for being a tainted vampire. A Tainted Vampire were people who were vampires with another race's blood.

Vlad also told me that the vampires called him part of the family but in a bad way. Basically, he was nothing more than . . . A mistake.

For some reason, my body got really tense. Not only that, but I felt this overwhelming rage swelling up inside me.

I did my best to ignore it and listen to Vlad's story. After about of decade of being imprisoned, Vlad managed to escape the vampires.

Unfortunately, his mother didn't make it. In fact, Vlad's mother was the whole reason he escaped in the first place.

It seems that with what little strength she had left, she used it to ambush one of the vampires entering their cell, and getting Vlad to escape while the vampire was distracted.

So, in order to survive, he had to leave his mother behind. I guess I can understand why he despises vampires so much after hearing this.

Well, at least he had something that actually gives a damn. My family practically treated me like trash on the sidewalk, and so did everyone else.

But, that wasn't the end of Vlad's story. During the next couple of years, he had to run away from humans and other non-vampires because of his bloodline.

He may be half-vampire, but that didn't mean he wasn't like them, or so the people chasing him declared. So, not only was he hated by the vampires, but he was also despised by the humans and other races.

He had nowhere to go, and no one to help him.

. . . Just like me, huh.

There it is again. That feeling of pure rage bubbling inside me.

I'm surprised that I haven't snapped yet.

Now that I heard Vlad's story and got a good look at him, I realized something. His eyes were exactly the same as mine.

Not eye color since his were red while mines were black. I'm talking about how he views everything.

There's this hint of disgust and hatred in his eyes. It's like everything in front of him was nothing more than a nuisance, just like how I see things.

I can practically see myself in Vlad. It was like looking into a mirror.

Not only that, but I started to feel empathetic for him. Knowing how he suffered so much and was shunned by everyone, it reminded me of how my life was.

By the end of our conversation, the sun was already slowly rising. It was finally morning.

That means all of the vampires were heading back underground. It's only a matter of time before my plan is in motion.

While I thought this, I took another look at Vlad. He just stared outside, looking at the rising sun.

I guess since he's only half-vampire, he doesn't have to worry about the sun. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Vlad doesn't have any of the vampires weaknesses, but has all of their strengths.

He's kind of like Blade, I guess. All he needs is cool looking shades and an outfit, and he'll look a little bit like him.

"It's almost time, right?" Vlad turned to me.

"Yeah. Once all of the vampires are underground and likely asleep, I'll start the trap."

"Let's hope this works."

"It will."

To be honest, if I go on with my plan, I'll be on the vampires most wanted list. They'll never leave me alone for as long as I live.

That being said, even if I run away, they'll most likely chase after me, so either way, those blood-suckers won't leave me be. Since that's the case, I'd rather take down as many of these guys as possible.

If I thin out the herd, there won't be as many threats to deal with. Hopefully, the townsfolk won't get caught up in it.

Even if they did, there's not much to do so I won't try to save them. The people here seem as dead as the vampires, so saving me them might be pointless.

If Kole and the others were here, they would try to save everyone. Thankfully, I'm not that foolish.

I'm not a hero, so saving people is pointless to me. Besides, there's no end to saving someone.

I save one person, there'll be another one that I'll have to rescue. It's nothing but a never-ending cycle.

I'm not going to be a part of that. Those who want to be can, but I won't end up like those fools.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. It was probably Amy . . . Except she usually doesn't knock.

Vlad and I looked at one another, then at the door. I slowly got up and approached my door, while Vlad transformed into a small animal to conceal himself.

While I did so, I called Raven to get ready to fight. When I got to the door and opened it, I was shocked to see who it was.

"Hello, there! Just wanted to drop by and see how things were going!" Standing in front of us was Belladonna Monroe with a cheerful smile. 

Author's Note: 

Alright, everyone, things are about to do down, so be ready! Also, check out my discord server on my profile so you guys can ask me some questions. 

Anyway, that's all for now, so let me know what you guys think of this chapter, and I'll see you guys in the next chapters. 

See Ya!