Chapter 34: The Match

Let me remind everyone that I am the master.

I'm the one that's in charge. Yet, for some reason, my companion decided to make a match for me against Vlad.

Again, let me remind everyone that I am the master. Despite that, it felt like I had little control over what just happened.

So, once morning came, Amy, Raven, Vlad, and I went to the forest to start the match.

"I don't see why we have to do this," I muttered.

"Then will you let me join you in stopping the vampires?" Vlad asked.

"I told you before. I'm only doing this because they're in my way, not for revenge."

"Still, we both want the same thing but for different reasons."

He's not going to let this go, huh.

"You do realize that this match won't end well, right? You're strong, but against me isn't possible," I informed him.

"I'm not trying to win. I'm just trying to show you that I can handle my own."

Even if you do last long enough, what makes you think that I'll still allow you to join us? It makes no sense.

Regardless, I knew that I wasn't going to get out of this without fighting. This was how powerless I felt when I'm supposed to be in charge.

This is too much of a pain. Dammit all.

"Alright, let's get started!" Amy instructed like some referee.

Since there was no choice in the matter, I listened and got ready for the match. Vlad did the same as well.

"Start!" Amy started the match.

The next thing I knew, Vlad was right in front of me in the blink of an eye. I barely had any time to dodge his first attack.

What the hell?!

I quickly jumped away from Vlad and tried to catch up, but before I could think another second, he rushed at me again and actually scratched my arm.

It didn't really hurt, but it surprised me. I then kicked Vlad away and used [Quick Step] to back away.

While Vlad landed on the ground, I did my best to catch up on what just happened.

He was able to catch me off guard when Amy started the match. I didn't really take this seriously, because I didn't expect this to happen.

Well, at least I know Vlad wasn't joking around. That being said, he's really going to be a pain, isn't he?

"How was that?" Vlad made a smug face.

That face kind of pissed me off.

"Don't get ahead of yourself!" After saying this, I rushed at him while activating [Stealth].

With both [Hide Presence] and [Stealth], there was no way that Vlad could sense me, even with [Blood Vision].

That's what I thought at first until I got caught off guard. When I was about to strike him, he moved to the side and pulled a left hook on me.

Using both [Quick Step] and [Swift Reflex], I dodged his attack and jumped away.

How did he know I was going to hit him?! I completely erased my presence, so what's up?

"I can still sense you, Damien. Not only that, but I can smell your blood," Vlad looked dead at my face when I was still invisible.

But how?! There's no way he could sense me with both skills activated.