Chapter 77: This Means War

-At Dawnmore Castle-

As soon as the Champion left through the portal, the pressure from before disappeared, and everyone was gasping from tension.

"H-how can the boy have that much power?!" Raizur stuttered while catching his breath.

"He . . . Wasn't like that when we fought him. Was he holding back?" Lura questioned.

The Champion they fought was nowhere near the level of power he just displayed. This was on another level that not even Zemmi could withstand.

She could only stare at the ground in disbelief.

How can he be so strong? Where did that power come from?

Zemmi wasn't sure if Zerris even had the power to grant such strength to the Champion. It was too unbelievable for anyone to comprehend.

"And how did he break out of the cuffs? I thought that dwarf perfected them so they could last longer."

After taking the Champion to the castle, Zemmi gave Norten the cuffs and told him to make them stronger than before. Not only that, but she also needed two more for the Prince and blue-haired girl.

But, it was all for naught. It seems that even when Norten upgraded them, they were no match for the Champion.

That does beg the question, though.

"If the Champion could break out of those cuffs, then why didn't he earlier? He could've escaped and had been long gone by now." Elora stated.

It's true. If the Champion was able to break free from the cuffs, then how come he stayed like that?

There was only one answer.

"That bastard toyed with us!" Raizur boomed. "He knew he could escape but played along to screw with us. We thought we had him in our grasps but he led us by the nose.

"To think that he has such power," Gradrag was still awestruck from the Champion's display of power. "He could've easily killed us."

"My question is why didn't he?" Strofith puzzled.

Considering the Champion's power, he could've killed all of them without much trouble, but he didn't.

Why?

However, now wasn't the time for that.

"We need to warn the people!" Zami spoke up. "With the Champion on the loose, everyone is in danger."

"She's right," Zemmi agreed. "We need to find the Champion before the city gets destroyed."

Lura, Clare, and the kid adventurers all agreed with Zemmi and Zami. They were about to rush out of the room before the Allen stopped them.

"No." He simply told them.

"What are you saying, my king?! The Champion is free, and people's lives are in danger!"

"She's right," Clare agreed. "We can't waste any time."

They then continued on before Allen spoke up again.

"I said no!" He boomed at them.

Everyone froze from Allen's outburst. Even Raizur was shocked by this, just like before.

"My king, I don't understand," Zami looked at King Allen in confusion and distress. "With the Champion out there, no one is safe."

"It'll be even worse if we provoke him any further than this. He broke through the cuffs and made all of us kneel on the ground just from his presence. Even Zemmi couldn't do anything against him, and she's the strongest out of everyone here."