Chapter 59: The Upcoming Storm

-Watcona Forest-

Iron.

You could smell it almost throughout the entire forest.

In the distance, you could also hear sloppy munching noises as a horde of monsters began to feast on human soldiers.

The monsters eating the humans were known as Orcs. The Orcs were known for being ravenous and wild-like.

They cause mayhem wherever they go, and eat whatever's in their way.

They have a hulking appearance, a variety of skin colors from green to red, well over seven feet tall, and were one of the most dangerous races in this world due to their thirst and hunger for violence.

A couple of human soldiers were investigating the Waycona Forest because they heard reports of disturbances there. When they arrived, though, they were ambushed by the Orcs and devoured.

This has been a routine for Orcs for the past week now. They would get the humans' attention and wait for them to show up, then they attack and eat them.

Unfortunately, they can't keep doing this or they'll attract unwanted attention. It's true that the Orcs crave violence, but only when they believe they could win the battle.

Luckily, their preparations were underway.

"Soon~ It will be our time to rise above the dirt and rain hell of those bastards!" One of the Orcs muttered.

He fiddled with a ring that was from one of the dead soldiers. While he played with it, he kept thinking about getting revenge on the humans and the other races.

During the war of the gods, the Orcs were one of the few races that attended in every battle they could join. They didn't really worship any god, aside from the God of War, they just wanted to fight.

That all changed when the Champions of the Gods made that Treaty. This Treaty stated that all races will cease fire against one another that would fight for their gods.

Thanks to this, everyone stopped fighting and went on with their lives. But, the Orcs couldn't accept it.

"Those bastards . . . I'll rip them apart!" The Orc crushed the ring with all his strength.

He then tossed it aside and stood up. The other Orcs noticed him and got startled.

As the Orc walked over the horde of Orcs, the horde scurried away from the human feast. The Orc boss then grabbed a human arm and tore into it like a drumstick.

After tossing it aside, he glared at the horde. They turned a little pale by his gaze.

"Here me, Orcs!" He announced. "It is almost our time to rise once again! We will finally get the war we've always wanted!"

The horde began to cheer at the Orc leader's announcement.

"Those Champions ruined our chance at a glorious and vicious war, but that no longer matters. That's because we'll start our own war! It will be the Orcs against the world!"

The Orcs got more riled up. Their cheers could be heard near a village, which actually happened.

"By my name, Korgan, Chief of the Krognak Tribe, I promise you that we will rain hell on all those who deny us! That is my solemn vow!"

The Orcs cheered even louder. The nearby village could hear the noise but was unaware of the carnage that was going to be unleashed on them.

-Damien's POV-

"Incoming!" I warned Vlad and Amy.

They quickly dodged the attack and regrouped with me.

Right now, we were currently on a quest. The quest was killing a monster called a [Armored Ant].