Chapter 79: Busted

-Damien's POV-

As soon as we were out of the castle, we were right back in the Inn.

Just as we arrived there, I was about to collapse on the floor.

"Master!"

"Damien!"

Vlad and Amy were able to catch me in time before I fell down. While they held on to me, they walked me over to the bed so I could rest a bit.

I didn't expect my body to get so tired. Usually, when I used [Gate] or [Intense Blood Lust], I'm fine, but for some reason, my body was exceptionally exhausted.

It must be from when the black beast took control of me. It looks like I won't be using magic any time soon.

While I was resting on the bed, we decided to figure out what we should do now.

The city already knows about my existence, so there's no telling when they'll find me. Last time I checked, they were at the castle, so we should be able to sneak out of the city with them there.

The only problem is our current conditions. It wasn't just me that was in bad shape.

Vlad and Amy were still exhausted from before. Without either I or Amy's ability to use magic, we're in a bind.

To make matter worse, Vlad couldn't use his [Creatures of The Night] to summon monsters to protect us. Due to this, we're practically sitting ducks.

We can't rest here, but we also can't leave without being seen. I can't even use my Illusion Magic to conceal my hair, so that's even worse.

There was a lot of problems and no way of solving any of them at the moment. For now, we'll have to focus on leaving the city.

"Raven, come here for a second. You too, Arri." I called my two familiars.

Raven quickly appeared from my shadow, and Arri appeared before a magic circle. Since both of them can show up without me using any magic, I decided to call them out.

"Yes, master~?" Arri asked in a seductive tone.

"Ug-Listen, I'm going to need you two to guard the others and me. We're still exhausted from the fight, and you guys seem okay."

"Really? Is that all, master?"

You make it sound like it'll be easy, you know? Whatever.

As long as they can protect us until we recover, then it's fine. But . . . We need to fix Arri's form.

She was still in her Arachne form, so we'd catch a lot of eyes if she went outside like that.

"Arri, can you transform into your human form?"

"Yes, but not for very long. Considering your mana supply is almost empty, I won't stay in that form for long."

"How long do you think it'll last?"

"Hmm~ About thirty minutes, I believe?"

"Good enough for me. Once we're all packed up, changed your form so we can head outside."

"Understood, master~" She gave me a gleeful smile.

I turned to Amy and Vlad.

"Alright, you guys need to pack your stuff so we can leave."

"Right."

"Yes, master."

Amy and Vlad then quickly left the room to grab their stuff. While they did that, I laid on the bed and tried to catch my breath.