Chapter 40: The Limit

-Damien's POV-

Bell continued to choke me.

It was getting harder to breathe, so I needed to do something. Since [Mind Burst] causes headaches, I'll use it.

I then activated [Mind Burst] again. Bell howled in pain as she released me.

That's when I took the opportunity to prepare myself. I placed up a barrier around me and pulled out my sword.

I'm pretty sure that my sword will do nothing to her, but I just want to be sure. I'll attack her at a distance with magic, and if she gets too close, I use my sword.

This was the strategy I was going for, but it seems like it was for naught. As soon as the headaches were gone, Bell rushed at me but was blocked by the barrier.

She was confused at first but showed a wicked smile after.

"Dark Magic, Psychic Magic, and Arcane Magic? I see you also appear to be familiar with sword fighting." She analyzed me.

She started to giggle like a little girl, but it sounded more sadistic and evil. She then walked forward.

I didn't expect her to break my barrier, but something told me otherwise, and it was right. I don't know how, but when Bell placed her hand on the barrier, it just shattered like glass.

How the hell did she do that?!

I didn't waste any time and jumped away, but she quickly rushed at me and pushed me against a tree.

"Despite having so much power, you're very inexperienced," She sadistically giggled.

This is getting me nowhere. I thought my barrier could protect me, but she destroyed it like it was nothing.

Just what the hell is she?

"Now, let's get back to the matter at hand." Bell grabbed my head and revealed my neck.

She closed in on it with her fangs pointing out. All my struggling was wasted because she had a firm grip on me.

I couldn't even use [Mind Burst] like last time. In fact, I couldn't use any magic spells to save me.

It wasn't some magic canceling skill, but something else. I was . . . Afraid?

I haven't been scared in years. I think the last time I was actually afraid was when I went to that trial for custody over me between my parents and aunt.

I was scared that my hopes were too high, and they were going to be shot down and my never-ending hell would continue. Ever since this, I haven't experienced true fear like this.

Was this a skill? It had to be, or was it something else?

While I was panicking, Bell drew closer to my neck. But, she soon stopped right when she was about to sink her teeth into it.

"Hmm?" She made a puzzled response and sniffed my neck and the rest of my body.

What the hell is she doing?

"Well, I'll be damned. It looks like you've already been taken." Saying this, she released me.

Not only that, but the fear from before disappeared as well. What's going on?

I looked up at Bell in confusion. She noticed my reaction and giggled again.

"Sorry to disappoint you, kid, but I don't do sloppy seconds. I'm surprised, though. I didn't expect that tainted brat to claim you first, nor did I expect you to voluntarily offer it to him. You two must have some relationship, huh?"