Chapter 16: Chillview

It's been about a day since our departure from the village.

We've haven't run into any trouble, so it was pretty relaxing. Amy was driving the carriage while Raven and I sat in the back.

There wasn't much to do, so I just looked through my stats again.

Name: Damien Crow

Race: Human(?)

Age: 14

Class: None

Level: 40

STR: 113,786

DEF: 100,598

AGI: 107,143

MRES: 110,998

Skills: [Appraisal], [False Status], [Detection], [Hand-to-Hand Combat], [Dagger Arts: Intermediate], [Fire Magic], [Water Magic], [Earth Magic], [Wind Magic], [Swordsmanship: Intermediate], [Arcane Magic], [Shadow Step] , [Assassination Arts: Intermediate] , [Iron Skin], [Lightning Magic], [Dark Magic], [Light Magic], [Quick Step], [Swift Reflex], [Terror Gaze]

Special Skills: [Zerris's Blessing]

Titles: [Child of Zerris], [The Dark Champion], [Other-Worlder], [Merciless One], [Goblin Slayer] , [King Killer], [Ogre Slayer], [Maniacal Demon]

I'm still a little pissed that I got that [Maniacal Demon] title. Thanks to that black beast, I got a little too excited when I tortured Derk and ended up getting this ridiculous title.

Speaking of which, I never did figure out why that black beast is inside me anyway. It kept saying that I'll give in to it soon, but I have no idea why.

Judging from how I acted with Derk, that must've been its influence on me. If that's the case, then I should hold back on fighting for a little bit.

I'm pretty strong enough as it is, so I should be fine for now. If I encounter an enemy that's way too weak, I'll trap it and leave it be.

Also, I wonder what this [Terror Gaze] is.

[Terror Gaze]: Allows the user to inflict a fear status on any enemy, paralyzing them.

Hmm, I don't remember doing anything like that.

Hang on . . . Oh, right.

When I fought Derk. I guess this was another one of that monster's gifts to me.

There's no way I'm using this skill then. If this was given to me by that thing, it's a trap.

My other skills are improving nicely though. With this, I won't have to worry about any strong enemies for a while.

The strongest enemy I've encountered so far was that Queen Basilisk, but even then, I was still stronger. That Basilisk was also a C Rank monster, which means it was a lot more powerful than that King Basilisk.

In fact, the Queen was actually stronger than Derk. I was curious about how he was able to tame her, but I soon realized what it was.

It was his Special Skill known as [Domination].

[Domination]: Allows the user to put any creature under his or her control. As long as the monster doesn't have any resistance with mental attacks or high intellect, the creature can be controlled.

With a skill like this, it's no wonder he was able to tame such a creature. However, if he had a skill like this, how come he didn't use it on me?

Maybe he forgot? Or maybe the skill only applies to monsters?