Chapter 111: Battle of The Guardians

[Die, bastard!]

[I'd like to see you try!]

Terra and the Divine Beast of Fire charged at one another. As they raced towards each other, the earth shook more violently, and the air got hotter.

The moment they collided, there was a massive shockwave. Hot air blew around us, and the ground cracked open beneath them.

Both of them had their claws were stuck in each other. They both growled and snarled as they kept digging their claws in the other's skin.

[Stubborn little bastard!]

[Don't get cocky, you dirt-loving pest!]

The divine Beast of fire was then enveloped in a whirlwind of flames. The flaming twister also engulfed Terra as well.

My familiar howled in pain as the flames burned its body. Yet, despite getting scorched, Terra continued to injure the Fire Guardian.

I was surprised that Terra could withstand the flames so well. That's when I noticed something.

Beneath the fire and hot air, I noticed that Terra's body was covered in something. Upon closer inspection, I realized that my Familiar Guardian was coated in solid rock.

It seems that Terra's plan was to protect itself from the Fire Guardian's flame by using the ground as armor around its body. I was pretty impressed.

However, the fire Guardian was more irritated than amazed.

[Just die already!]

[You first!]

Terra then headbutted the fire guardian. Thanks to that, its grip loosened, so Terra was able to break free from it.

My familiar then took advantage of the breathing room and made its move. Terra began to stomp on the ground, and earth spikes started popping up near the fire guardian.

Its hind legs were pierced and so was its abdomen. The fire guardian was now immobilized.

[Tch! You think this will stop me?!]

As if to further prove a point, the fire beast emitted a burning aura that actually melted the spikes. Once the beast of flame was no longer stuck, its mouth started to glow bright orange.

Crap, it's about to blast a fire attack!

[Terra, block that attack now!]

[Way ahead of you, master!]

Terra then summoned an earth wall about a meter taller than itself. The fire guardian then blasted its attack.

I expected a fireball attack, but it was more like a laser beam. Just as the attack makes it to the earth wall, there was a huge explosion.

The dust cloud was brief, so I soon saw the aftermath. The earth wall was completely destroyed, and Terra was badly injured.

Half of Terra's body was pretty burned. I was a little worried, but I saw the burns healing right away.

Oh, yeah, since Terra's on land, it means that its empowering skill should be in effect.

That means my familiar can heal itself. For a second there, I thought I had to step in.

[As usual, you're as difficult to defeat than ever.]

The fire guardian was annoyed by Terra's cheat skills. I could practically see it snorted out flames.

[Hehehe! Remember that you're on my turf, fool. By the way, how long can you keep those flames up?] Terra gave the flame guardian a smug grin.

[Ha! A lot longer than that pathetic confidence of yours, which I'm about to crush!]