Chapter 97: The Plan

Vlad and I soon found Amy and the others, and we all went towards the Inn we would be staying at.

The Inn was called The Spiderweb Pub. The sign had a giant spiderweb with a black spider in the middle with the name under it.

Arri wondered if there were spiders and webs inside, but unfortunately, the Inn was clean of any of the two. However, there were portraits of spiders all over the place.

In fact, all of them showed a massive spider that kind of looked like Arri. The upper body was a beautiful woman, while the lower part had the body of a giant and hideous spider.

The only difference between Arri and this spider-woman was their hair. While Arri had short navy blue hair, the spider-woman in the paintings had long silky black hair.

Although their hair was different, they practically looked like twin sisters. I wonder if all Arachnes looked alike.

While I was admiring the painting, a young woman in her twenties and short brown hair walked over to me.

"I see you're fascinated by Akne," She smiled.

"She's the spider-woman?" I asked.

"That's right. Akne is a Legendary Monster that has lived for thousands of years. It's been said that Akne was created by The Goddess of Darkness to look exactly like her."

"Really?"

Now that I got a good look at her, she does look a little like Zerris. She's a little older, but I imagine that's how Zerris would look too.

While I kept looking at the painting, I noticed that Amy and the other girls were staring at me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing." Amy looked away.

"I wish you'd stared at me like that," Thana muttered.

"Do you prefer that hussy woman over me?" Arri asked in concern.

You know, just because she looks nice and all doesn't mean I'm into her. Plus, why do you think I'm into you?

I ignored them and looked at the woman again.

"Um, do you think we can talk book a couple rooms for the night?" I asked.

"Oh, sure. Though, why would you do that? This whole town is preparing for another monster invasion. Why else do you think it's so barren?"

Now that I think about it, there aren't really any people in the Inn. How is this place still running?

"That's alright. The fewer people, the better."

"Alrighty, then. How many rooms and for how long?" She asked me in a professional tone.

"Do you have any rooms that can fit three people?"

"Yes, we do. There's only one, though, so you're lucky that it's not taken."

I doubt any of the rooms are taken in this chaos.

"Then, we'll take one two-person room and the three-person room for one night. I'll let you know if we'll be staying any longer."

"Okay, then, two rooms along with food included for one night will be three silver coins."

I didn't argue with her and handed her three silver coins. Once she received the money, she walked over to the back of the room.

She then came back and gave us two keys. One was for the two-person room, and the other was for the three person room.

After receiving the keys, we walked over to a table and sat there. It was now time to start planning our next step.

"Alright, with the East Gate out of commission, we need to figure out where to go from here."

"More importantly," Vlad began. "What idea were you thinking about before?"

I figured he say that. Luckily, I already planned everything out for that idea that popped into my mind.

"Before we continue heading towards Askon, we need to deal with the Orcs. There's no telling how persistent those bastards are."

Taking care of those Orcs are my main objective at the moment. With the Orc Lord hunting me down, I'm not sure how far this guy will go.

It's obvious that he'll terrorize people to get my attention, so it's safe to assume that he's committed. Let's hope my gift I sent him gave him more motivation to hunt after me.

"So, what exactly are you planning?" Vlad asked.

"I'm planning to ambush the Orcs here."

"Huh? Why?" Vlad asked in utter confusion.

Now, how do I explain this? I mostly just thought it up in the spur of the moment, but hey, it was a pretty decent idea.

"I want to advantage of the Mountain of Death. With so many strong monsters lurking there, I want to use that at my disposal."

"Well, I get what you mean, but how exactly are you going to accomplish that? Are you planning to put the people of this town in danger?"

Although I don't care about the people of this town, killing them without reason isn't my thing. I only kill when the enemy attacks first.

No one in this town is my enemy, so I don't want to involve them. However, that's the tricky part.

What I want to do is ambush the Orcs in the town, and then unleash the monsters from the mountains. There are two problems though.

The first problem is keeping the people out of harm's way. Evacuating them should work, but I'm not sure how yet.

The second problem is building up the number of monsters. I want a huge swarm of the beasts ready to crush the Orcs on impact, but I'm not sure how to do that either.

Once I solve these two problems, I'll be able to take care of those Orcs. I could just blow them away with magic or something else, but I wanted to see how strong these Orcs really are.

Vlad and Amy told me that these Orcs were the same ones that attacked them after our fight with Zemmi and the others. Knowing that these guys have been hunting me down since that time and troubling my friends, I want to see how many of them will survive this.

After that, I'll finish off the rest and leave the Orc Lord for last. Making him witness the destruction of his little army until he's all that's left.

...That sounded a lot darker than I initially intended.

Oh, well. It still doesn't change my plan.

These guys are annoying, so I'm going to make sure that they pay for getting on my nerves.

Alright, it's time to get this plan of mine started. 

Author's Note:

So, yeah, Damien's thoughts will get a lot darker. Especially when the Orcs and Van's group catch up to him. 

There's going to be a lot of chaos soon, so be ready! 

That's all for now. See you in the next chapter . . . Which is right now!

See Ya!