Chapter 14: Settling the Score

Alright, let's go pay Derk a visit.

I ran through the forest and searched for the cave that goblin told me about. Apparently, it was called The Drago Cave because of some ancient dragon that used to live there.

I don't care about some dragon. Since the goblin said that it used to live there, I don't have to worry about fighting it.

The only thing I need to worry about was Derk. This guy's been causing a lot of trouble for me, so I'm going to finish this.

As I roamed around the forest a little bit, I finally found a cave that fit the description. Unfortunately, when I got there, I saw a few goblins guarding the entrance.

Did he know that I would come here? Well, it doesn't matter anyway.

Thanks to killing all those goblins and ogres, I leveled up more and got stronger.

Name: Damien Crow

Race: Human(?)

Age: 14

Class: None

Level: 33

STR: 89,359

DEF: 83,462

AGI: 92,657

MRES: 86,562

Skills: [Appraisal], [False Status], [Detection], [Hand-to-Hand Combat], [Dagger Arts], [Fire Magic], [Water Magic], [Earth Magic], [Wind Magic], [Swordsmanship: Intermediate], [Arcane Magic], [Shadow Step], [Assassination Arts: Intermediate] , [Iron Skin], [Lightning Magic], [Dark Magic], [Light Magic], [Quick Step], [Swift Reflex]

Special Skills: [Zerris's Blessing]

Titles: [Child of Zerris], [The Dark Champion], [Other-Worlder], [Merciless One], [Goblin Slayer] , [King Killer], [Ogre Slayer]

After I took a look at my stats, I decided to look at the goblins stats. Yeah, this is going to be a cake walk.

Sure, I'm getting a little overconfident, but unless I encounter a powerful enemy, I think I'll be okay.

I then turned off [Stealth] and casually walked to the cave. I also took off my hood since its only goblins.

It seems pretty stupid of me to do something like this, but a part of me was actually having fun. It was strange since I barely feel any emotions nowadays, so I decided to take the opportunity to enjoy it.

Once I got close enough to the cave, the goblins were aware of me and started shouting. One of them then rushed back into the cave.

He probably went in to warn Derk about me. Well, it doesn't matter anyway.

As I kept walking closer and closer to the goblins, one of them fired an arrow at me. Due to my Agility Stat being so high and [Swift Reflex], I was able to catch the arrow like it was nothing.

The goblins started to panic and charged at me. It would've been wiser of them to just flee.

Thinking this, I used [Dark Magic] on the goblins. It was a spell called [Piercing Darkness].

When I did my chant, black shadows engulfed the ground below the goblin, then black spikes rose up and impaled all of them. Once the goblins were dead, the black spikes went back into the ground and left the goblins lying there.

I then proceeded inside the cave. Derk's little base was pretty decorative.

Despite it being a cave, there were a lot of banners, furniture, and more all over the place. He must've been here for a while.