Chapter 60: Taking Another Quest

After turning in our quest, we decided a try out a dungeon.

Since we were A rank, we could pick any A ranking dungeons available. We could even go for an S rank dungeon, but very few people do that sort of thing.

It's because S to SSS ranked dungeons are very unpredictable and dangerous. There's a large variety of monsters that can be unexpectedly difficult to handle.

Due to this, not that many adventurers go into those dungeons unless they're asking for a death wish or are capable enough to handle their own.

I wonder if they'll allow us to take on an S Rank dungeon? I wasn't sure since taking on dungeons like those were unheard of for an A Rank adventurers group.

I was curious though, so I decided to give it a shot. I took one of the most interesting S-Rank dungeons and brought it up to the counter.

I didn't even look at what it said. I just looked for S-Rank and snatched one.

Anyway, once I brought the dungeon quest to the counter, I showed the receptionist from before. I didn't know her name before, but I found later that it was Catherine.

"Hello, there! What quest would you like to take?" She asked with a cheerful smile.

"This one." I gave her the paper.

When she took a look at it, her face turned pale. I wasn't sure what I chose, but I guess I made the wrong choice.

"U-um, this is a Quest for the Nether Labyrinth," She told me in a shaky voice.

"That's right. And?"

As I said before, I didn't know what I picked, so I didn't know. But, she doesn't have to know about that.

"W-well, The Nether Labyrinth is one of the hardest S -Ranked Dungeons out there. Not even the strongest S-Rank adventurers could get past the seventh floor."

Hmm, I didn't know that. Something had me curious that.

"Is it harder than the Rosethorn Crypt?" I asked.

"Yes, it is." She sternly told me.

"Then we'll take the quest."

Catherine nearly fainted by what I declared. But, she attempted to keep her composure as she looked at me with a serious expression.

"You do realize that it's one of the most dangerous S-Ranked Dungeons, correct?"

"Yes."

"You also realize that you three are merely A-Ranked Adventurers, right?"

"Yes."

"In most cases, as a member of the guild, I would strongly disagree with your decision. The danger you will face in this dungeon would be beyond your Rank."

"But, considering that we're irregulars, you won't?"

"I didn't say that. I'll still strongly advise you to reconsider your options, but for you to actually take the quest or not is up to the higher-ups."

"I understand. If it's up to them, then that's fine."

It doesn't really matter if they accept the quest, honestly. There are other quests we could take, so I don't care either way.

If it gets us stronger, then I'll take what I can get.

"Just so we're clear," She began, "are you positive that you want to go through with this quest?"

"Yes," I answered without a second thought.

"You will face many enemies in this dungeon. Some that not even you will likely handle."