Chapter 74: The Difficult Situation

-At Dawnmore Castle-

"Have you lost your mind?!"

"My King, please let us explain."

"Explain what?! Your mission was to destroy the Champion, and I get a report from Reiko saying that you're bringing him here? Do you realize what you just caused?!"

Right now, King Allen was currently scolding his most trusted allies for bringing in the Champion of Darkness and companions. After that fiasco with the people seeing the Champion, there's been a huge uproar.

In fact, there's even an angry mob outside the castle trying to storm inside to kill the Champion, because the King won't, apparently.

Things are getting worse by the second, and it's not going to get any better if they didn't come up with a solution.

"King Allen," Zemmi chimed in. "The situation was more complicated than we expected."

"I know! Which is why I'm wondering why the situation hasn't been dealt with yet. You stopped the Champion after he went on a rampage. You could've killed him right then and there."

"Because he can't be killed."

Allen froze to Zemmi's words. He couldn't comprehend what she meant by that.

". . . How come?" He finally asked.

"I'm not sure. All I know is that when I stabbed him, he came back and no one comes back from my kills."

This was indeed unsettling. If the Champion can't be killed, then what are they suppose to do?

"There has to be a way to kill him," Allen beseeched.

"If there is then none of us are capable of doing such a thing. Not even me."

Allen's mind was in a panic. He needed to find a way to deal with the Champion or his whole Kingdom will fall apart.

He can't allow that to happen. No matter what.

Zemmi saw how desperate Allen was and spoke up.

"King Allen, this child is more dangerous than any of us had expected. It's to the point where its terrifying and you of all people know that I don't fear easily."

She was right about that. Zemmi had lived through countless centuries on this world, and nothing had scared her . . . Except this.

This is definitely serious.

"W-what do we do then?" Allen, out of ideas, desperately asks.

"We need to gather the other rulers. With everyone here, we'll be able to figure out what to do."

Gather the other rulers, huh? If that were to happen, they'll likely try to kill the boy themselves, along with the others with him.

Maybe one of them could kill him. There's a possibility that can happen, but also too risky.

If they try to kill the boy and fail, Allen's kingdom will be destroyed. It's too risky to try it.

Which means he'll have to convince them not to kill the boy until they come up with a solution.

"Alright, please contact the other rulers and tell them to meet me at the meeting room," Allen instructed Zemmi.

"Understood."

Once Zemmi confirmed her orders, she rushed off to do it along with the others following behind her.

"I can only pray that this doesn't backfire on me."