Chapter 13: The Attack

-David's POV-

Why is this happening now?!

I was almost asleep when the girl that was with the Child of Zerris woke me up.

"What's going on?" I asked half-asleep.

"We've got trouble."

She then went on to explain about an army of goblins was coming to raid the village. Knowing this, I got my equipment on and called the other villagers.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but we needed to defend our home. Evacuating will be our last resort if we can't protect the village.

That being said, with the rest of the villagers, we soon got our weapons and armor and quickly started preparing for battle. While this whole thing was happening, I had one question on my mind.

Where's the boy at? The blue-haired girl told me that he was dealing with the army, and that left me in a shock.

He's dealing with the goblin army by himself? Even I'm not confident enough to fight an entire army.

As I thought this, I heard screaming in the distance and noticed two to three goblins rushing towards the village.

"Get ready, guys!" I told my fellow villagers.

They got their weapons ready and waited for the enemy to come at us. Once the goblins got close, we rushed at them and killed them.

It took about a minute or so to deal with them, but we did it. But, it wasn't over yet.

Once we were done with those goblins, a few more came rushing out of the forest.

This is gonna take a while, huh. I hope that kid is taking care of as many goblins as he can.

-Damien's POV-

1 down . . . That's two down . . . And that makes three goblins down.

After seeing those ogres, I decided to kill as many as these goblins as possible. Since those Ogres will be an issue soon, I wanted to at least deal with the pesky green men so they won't get in the way.

Unfortunately, after I killed the third goblin scout while trying to stay unseen, I quickly got caught when one of the goblins saw their scout get killed.

That's when the goblins started rushing out of the forest and to the village. I tried my best to take out as many as I can using magic, but some of them got past my range.

Well, it's only a few goblins, and Amy and Raven were at the village so I can count on them to keep the villagers safe. Plus, David was also there, so I'm sure they were going to be fine.

As I kept taking down as many goblins as I can, I then came across one of the Ogres. It was more of a surprise attack because I was killing one of the goblins when the Ogre showed up and slammed its club on the ground.

The ground began to shake, but I managed to dodge the attack using [Quick Step]. Man, this skill really is handy.

While I was admiring my skill, the Ogre rushed at me. Not only that, but some of the goblins joined in too.

With my sword, I performed a new skill I learned with [Swordsmanship: Intermediate].

"[Twisting Slash]" I then spun around while slashing at the air.

Both the goblins and ogres got caught up in my attack and were severed in half. Well, the goblins were sliced in half while the ogre just took a critical hit to the gut.

Blood was spewing out of its stomach, so I jumped up at the ogre, and sliced its head clean off. That was when my sword finally broke on me.

Well, I've been killing a lot of goblins, so it was bound to happen. I should look for a better sword later on.