Chapter 27: On To The Next Town

It's been a couple days since the raiding of Thomas's base.

Since then, there have been rumors about zombies taking over The Rogue Wolves base. Not only that, but it seems that it was the group itself that were zombies.

These were merely rumors until one of the adventurer's of the town investigated it. Once they confirmed that the stories were true, the guild made a quest to exterminate all of the zombies from the base.

There were a lot of adventurers that joined this quest. Even blondie and his team joined in.

They called this incident The rising of The Rogue Wolves. After the adventurers destroyed all the zombies, all of them rose up in Ranks.

There were now plenty of C Rank adventurers in the town. The Rogue Wolves used to be the only ones, but now there was a lot of them.

And me? I mostly just stayed in the hotel and kept looking around the town.

Whatever happened to those adventurers and how they ended up like zombies is none of my business. I'm just a passerby that's just checking out the town.

Once I was done looking around the town and getting some supplies for the trip, I decided that it was time to go. This town was a little bit much for me.

Plus, those kid adventurers from before were getting a little annoying. It seems that blondie and his friends were looking for me, but I didn't want to see them, so I kept myself hidden.

They probably wanted to thank me for healing blondie, or probably ask me if I knew anything about Thomas and his group becoming zombies, which I don't know about.

But, I knew that they wouldn't believe me, so I just stayed on the down low and tried to avoid them. The less contact with them was the best option for me.

Anyway, today was the day Amy, Raven, and I was leaving. We got all of our supplies ready for departure, so while the others were waiting in the carriage, I was in the Inn to sign out.

"Thank you for staying at The Lonely Inn! We hope that you'll stay here again if you come to visit the town," The receptionist gave me a joyful smile.

"No problem. Also, thanks for keeping blondie and his friends from seeing us," I gave her a couple of gold coins.

You see, when Amy and I were in the Inn, blondie and his little team were looking for us there, so I asked the receptionist to tell them that we were here.

Considering that she saved us from them, I think this woman deserves the coins.

The receptionist grinned and graciously accepted the coins. After that, I went to go to the carriage.

Unfortunately . . .

"Good, I finally found you," Blondie showed up in front of me.

You gotta be kidding me. After all the effort of hiding from him, I get caught in the end.

It looks like his friends weren't with him, so he was alone. He didn't look angry, but he did have a serious look on his face.

This isn't going to end well.

"Sorry, but I'm in a bit of a hurry," I told him while trying to walk past.

"And I'm sorry, but you're not going anywhere until I talk to you," He sounded really stern.

Yep, this is definitely not going to end well.

"There's not much to talk about."

"Actually, there is. We'll start with how your friend showed up through that portal with that Shadow Wolf."