Chapter 119: Evolution and Gatekeepers

"Where...did he go?" One of the Orcs asked.

"Champion...gone?" Another Orc muttered.

It was true. The Champion that was right in front of them was now gone.

He somehow vanished in that portal from before. Once the portal was gone, the Champion was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's...Champion!" An Orc roared. "Must...Kill...Champion!"

The Orcs got angry and demanded to have the Champion. As they got riled up, the Orc Lord got sick of it.

"Enough!" He boomed. "All of you!"

The rest of the Orcs stopped as ordered. They then stared intensely at the Orc Lord for guidance.

However, Korgan didn't know what to do. They had the Champion and now they didn't.

They, once again, failed to kill the one person all of them despised the most. Even Korgan was furious about this, but he needed to think calmly about this.

Before, Korgan would've lost his cool too if the Champion escaped, but after being an Undead for a while, he was slowly gaining back his intelligence.

Thanks to that, he can use his abilities from when he was alive at full capacity. Add his skills with his upgraded body, he'll be a match for that Champion.

The fight earlier even proved that he's now a match. That's why the Champion left.

It was because he was scared, so he ran away.

This was good. With his new powers, fighting the Champion will go a lot smoother.

Korgan will make him pay for what he's done to his brethren. He won't miss this opportunity.

"We will find the Champion," Korgan told his undead army. "We have a chance to beat him. We won't lose this time!"

The Orcs got riled up. They started cheering so loud that a nearby town could hear them.

"But, first, we eat!" Korgan's stomach was rebelling against him for food.

So, it was time to eat first.

The rest of the Orcs agreed and marched over to their next food stand, which was the nearby town.

Like before, the townspeople tried to fend off against the Orcs, but they were slowly overwhelmed and devoured. The town was nothing but a burning massacre in less than an hour.

The Orcs were having a feast of humans. They were enjoying themselves as they continued to eat the innocent people of the town.

While the Orcs were filling their stomachs, something started to happen to them. They were starting to change.

The Orcs immediately stopped eating as their whole bodies began to transform. They're pale green skin turned even paler to where it was more gray than green.

They also started to lose a little bit of weight. Not a lot, but they will look a lot skinnier than your average Orc.

When the transformation was done, all of the Orcs looked completely different than before. As they examined their new bodies, a loud unison of grumbles erupted from all the Orcs stomachs.

They were hungry.

"Food!" The Orcs chanted.

It seems that the transformation left them with an empty stomach. Now, they have to find another town to feast upon.

-Damien's POV-

This is really bad.