Chapter 94: Unaware

"You sure sending that message to the Orcs were a good idea?" Vlad asked me in the back of the carriage.

"Depends on how you view it," I told him. "To me, all I did was warn the Orcs about coming after me. That little present I gave them was to show I'm not someone they can push around."

Vlad simply sighed and continued reading a book he got from Walden Town.

Plus, I worked hard on that damn Pyramid of Death, dammit. I knew it would anger the Orcs, which is exactly what I want.

Judging from my first experience with these guys, they're hot-headed and easy to anger. And, when they get angry, they can't think straight.

They stick to their instincts and kill the enemy. This means they won't be much of a threat as long as they can't keep their heads.

So, angering them seemed like the logical choice. They'll act recklessly and try to come at me.

That'll make them predictable.

However, they might increase their raidings on civilian homes. Even I'm not cruel enough to put others in danger.

Well, as long as I'm not the one that caused it. The Orcs invading Walden Town was none of my business, or so I thought.

The Orcs came after to me, so I had no choice but to fight back. Unfortunately, now I have to deal with this Orc Lord.

There's no way I can ignore him. Which means I'll have to deal with his little army.

This is such a pain. Why is it that even in my second life, everything is always so troublesome?

Well, at least in this world, I can defend myself a lot better.

Plus . . . I actually have people by my side.

It was a weird feeling, but it felt better than always being alone. So, I have no complaints, I guess.

"Amy, how long until we make it to the next town?" I asked.

"Not long. About three hours or so."

So, we got three hours to spare, huh? I guess I should just sleep.

It's better to do it now while I still have a chance to, right?

I then laid in the back of the carriage and tried to sleep. Thana and Arri tried to get me to sleep on their laps, but I declined and quickly rested.

Unfortunately, even in my dreams, there's nothing but trouble.

Right now, I was currently sitting in a room at a table. It seems that I was inside a cabin of some sorts.

As I looked around, I came across a very familiar and disturbing face.

"Hello, Damien~"

It was the black beast itself. It was sitting in a chair right in front of me.

The beast smiled at me with its sharp fangs and oozing mouth. The very sight of this thing made my stomach churn.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

The black beast sighed. "As usual, you're always so mean. Why can't we be friends, huh?"

Do you honestly want me to answer that?

"That would be nice, yes."

How did it-Oh, yeah, it's in my dreams and in my head. Of course, it can read my thoughts.

"Well, since you know so much about me, you tell me why we can't be friends," I mocked.

"Hmm." The black beast started to think.