Chapter 62: The Opportunity

-At Dawnmore Castle-

"This is becoming a disaster..." King Allen was going through a few documents.

Some of them weren't that important, but there were some that caught his attention. One of them being about villages being raided by . . . Armored Monsters?

It seems that in the report, a few villages were pillaged by monsters in heavy armor, the kind that knights would wear. This was definitely strange.

Normally, monsters would only wear wore down armor that doesn't even compare to the Knights armor, but for some reason, the reports say otherwise.

Not only that, but it seems that the villagers have no clue as to what is causing this whole problem. They were covering their faces so the surviving villagers wouldn't see them.

This is definitely problematic. With the Champion situation they're dealing with, Allen might not be able to do anything about this.

Maybe he should put up a quest for adventurers to deal with it. Although, the problem is that this could cause a lot more trouble than he expected.

From what the reports say, mystery monsters in heavy-duty armor are terrorizing villages. It won't be long until they step it up to a town or even a city.

And, judging from where the villages were when they were raided, it's possible that his City will be attacked by them soon.

"Gods help me, I don't have time for this." Allen placed the document down and held his head in annoyance.

Just as the headaches were about to come in, someone opened the door to his office. It was Van.

"Good afternoon, King Allen," Van greeted him.

"Yes, likewise. What seems to be the matter?" Allen straightened up and asked.

"Zemmi, Lura, and the others have arrived. They wish to have an audience with you."

"They're back? Excellent!" Allen was excited and rushed out of his office.

He soon arrived at the Throne room where Zemmi, Lura, Zami, and Clare, and what looked like kid adventurers were standing in front of them.

When Zami and Clare noticed Allen, they instantly bowed. The Kid adventurers also bowed whole everyone else was still standing.

"It is a pleasure to see you again, my King," Zami greeted.

"As always, it is a pleasure to see you as well. Now then, I assume you have something to report?"

"Yes, but it's uncertain whether it's either good or bad news."

Allen was confused by her reply but made sure not to show it. He quickly cleared his throat and spoke up.

"W-well then, let's hear it."

"Yes."

Zami then went on a thorough explanation of what happened during their visit to Grayhaven. They found an underground catacomb that was used as a base of operation for the vampires.

They, at first, expected that the Champion of Darkness was connected with the vampires and the people's disappearance, but they're not so sure anymore.

The reason why is because there were no documents related to the Champion. There wasn't even a single vampire that knew of the Champion's existence.

With those facts, it's very unlikely that the Champion of Darkness is working with the vampires. But, there was one thing that was very clear.

The vampires were looking for the Prince. There have been reports about the Prince's sightings and vampires that were ordered to look for him.