Chapter 56: Becoming Adventurers

After coming to an agreement, Amy, Vlad, and I left the Inn to find the Adventurer's guild.

We left Arri behind because she's currently in her Arachne form. It seems that there's a time limit to how long she can hold her human form, which is why she's staying at the Inn.

Plus, it's better to have just us become adventurers. Arri isn't that good with people, because she feels the urge to eat them, so that was another reason.

Anyway, after leaving the Inn, we went straight towards the Adventurers Guild. Since Vlad knew where it was, he was the one that guided us.

A little time has passed, but we made it to the Guild. Once we went inside, we were met with suspicious and malicious gazes.

It was a little annoying, but I ignored them and followed Vlad. We went to the counter and was greeted by one of the receptionist.

"Oh! The boy from before! Did you find what you were looking for?"

It seems that she knew Vlad. It also appears that she was the one that told him about the Dungeon we went to.

"Yes, thank you for the information," Vlad thanked the receptionist.

"No problem! So, what brings you here today?"

"We'd like to register as adventurers."

The receptionist was shocked for a second. She then looked at the three of us in both suspicion and curiosity.

"A-are you sure that's wise? You three seem so young," The receptionist attempted a smile as she persuaded us to reconsider.

"Yes, we are confident in our abilities," I spoke up. "If you don't believe us, then we can show you."

I didn't want to waste any time. Once we become adventurers, we'll be heading to a lot of dungeons so we can get stronger.

My current power is close in terms of the Demon King, but I'm more worried about Vlad at the moment. I need him to be at least half as strong as Amy, to even the odds.

Thanks to him being a Vampire Lord, he might be able to achieve that if we conquer a few dungeons. But, the Rosethorn dungeon was unguarded.

Any other dungeon we look for will have Guild Guards protecting it, so others don't aimlessly wander in. Only adventurers will be able to enter inside, so we'll have to become adventurers.

It's a pain, but I have no choice. I could just use Psychic Magic on them, but something tells me that they have something to prevent something like that, so I don't want to risk it.

For now, we'll become adventurers and work out way up. We're likely going to catch a lot of attention, but I honestly don't care about that anymore.

Anyway, the receptionist thought about it for a moment, then made up her mind.

"Alright, I'll give you a chance. Come to the back room, and we'll start the test."

Looks like it's about to start. We then followed the receptionist to the back room.

When we got to the back, I found myself in some the tournament like room. At the center was where two fighters were supposed to combat one another.

There was someone there, though. He was a little over six feet tall and wore full-plated armor except for his head.

He was sitting down on a chair with a sword plunged into the ground. When he raised his head, he glared at us.

Something was off though. It's like his gaze was supposed to send fear into my soul, but I was unaffected.