Chapter 88: Orc Trouble

"Amy, Arri, what are you two doing?" I asked the two girls that I instantly knew threw the man out the window.

"Ah, master~!" Arri's eyes beamed with joy when she saw me.

"Apologies, master," Amy told me, but she kept her gaze at the man on the ground with the same disgusted expression. "While we were buying the clothes, this insect had the guts to lay his hands on us."

I'm assuming she means that this guy was sexually assaulting them, right? Either that, or he was trying to figure out who Amy and Arri were.

Regardless, trying to touch them for either reason is pretty much suicide, but hey, at least he had the guts to try.

"Well, at least tell me you got the clothes. Staying here any longer after this will only cause problems."

"Unfortunately, no. We were about to until we were rudely interrupted," Her glares at the unconscious man intensified.

Typical. I'm pretty sure the shop owner isn't going to let them pay for it now.

"Let's get going, then. At least we got some supplies, so we'll be okay for now."

I can use a few spells to keep our clothes clean, so it's not a big problem, but I would at least like to have spares. Oh, well, can't help that now.

"Understood."

"Okay~"

Amy and Arri walked away from the store and joined us. The whole town was watching us, but we ignored them and headed for the exit.

As we did, the guards from the gate came over.

"Stop right there!"

I figured that if we continued walking away, they would attack us, so we all stopped to prevent a massacre.

"What?" I turned to face them with an irritated face.

The guards got a little shook up but held their ground.

"You five are being charged with assault! You're coming with us."

How about no? Will that answer suffice?

"It was that idiot's fault for trying to touch my friends. He's reaping what he sows."

"That doesn't mean anything! You still committed a crime and must be fine."

This is getting us nowhere.

"Then how much is the fine? I'll gladly pay it if it gets you people off our backs."

"That's not how this works, brat! We need to take you in for questioning, then fine you the charges."

"If you want to know what happened, then my two friends were buying clothes, and then this fool tried to lay a hand on them, so they acted in self-defense."

"We can't confirm that until we hear the victim's side of the story."

Do you really think he's going to tell the truth if it gets him in trouble? Even I know you people aren't stupid enough to do that.

Well, at least I hope you're not.

"Look, we don't have time for this crap. We're leaving whether you want us to or not. You can try and stop us, but it isn't going to end well for you."

I once again added a little killing intent to get my point across. I might've added a little too much because the guards soon feel to their knees with horrified expressions.

At least they got the picture. Hopefully, they're not stupid enough to engage.

Killing them would be a little much, so knocking them out will have to do for now.