Chapter 143: The Dove and Crow

"I-it's the Champion! Zerris's Champion is here!"

"Quick! Runaway!"

All of the nobles started panicking by my sudden entrance. They were running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Some of them even tried to attack me, just as I predicted. Luckily, I had a barrier protecting me, so I didn't have to worry about that.

However, I was pretty pissed off by it, so I decided to do something about this situation.

"That's enough!" I boomed as loud as I could.

I even used a vocal enhancement spell to make sure everyone heard me and listened. When all the nobles stopped yelling like idiots and calmed down, I sighed.

"You know, I wouldn't have acted like this if you didn't piss me off so much. I was sitting quietly, waiting for Allen to call on me so I could nicely explain things, but you dumbasses decided to act disrespectfully. So, blame yourselves for getting in this situation."

As the nobles stared at me with both bewilderment and fear, one of the idiots decided to act brave.

"I don't want to hear that from the Champion of an evil deity!" It was Hugo, of course. "You're very existence will bring nothing but chaos on our land!"

He stood up and glared daggers at me. I wasn't really affected by his stares, but they kind of pissed me off.

"You think I give a damn about you or your land?" I glared back. "My only reason for doing this is because Allen wanted to announce the Oath we made. He wanted to do things peacefully, and I agreed with him on that. I don't want to fight unless I have to, but you fools are pushing your luck."

"So, what? You plan to destroy us now? Spoken like a true Champion of Dark-agh!"

I interrupted the noble by summoning some shadow chains to restrain him. As I predicted, he didn't like that.

"Release me this instant!"

"You're too noisy, so could you kindly shut up?"

"You bastard!" He snarled. "I am Baron Hugo Wilton! I hold the largest acres of land, and I own a personal militia made out of the strongest soldiers imaginable! I will destroy you!"

This guy really is cocky, huh? How about we break that confidence of his?

I leaned close to the Baron and menacingly smiled.

"You may have an army of human soldiers, but I have an army entirely filled with SSS-Ranked monsters that can destroy a city and even a kingdom in less than an hour."

The Baron paled up. He was about to say something, but I interrupted him and kept boasting.

"And not only that, but I also have not one, but two Divine Beasts that can make up for my army of SSS-Ranked monsters by themselves. So tell me, do you honestly believe that your pathetic army can compare to mine?"

The Baron said nothing as he looked at me in surprise and terror. Looks like I made my point very clear to him.

"So, the rumors are true, you really are like Zerris."

Great, another idiot trying to pick a fight.

I was getting pretty annoyed by the number of morons trying to piss me off, but I reluctantly looked at the person that spoke up.

To my surprise, I realized that it was some kind of priest. Or maybe a Father?

His outfit was a white cloak with gold metal designs on it, and had a sword strapped to his side. He was also about my height and wearing a hood, keeping his face hidden.