Chapter 101: The Aftermath

Once again, I was greeted by a familiar, yet disturbing presence in front of me.

"That was quite the show, Damien," The black beast smiled with its wicked teeth.

Out of all the times it had to show up, it chose now. I thought I could just sleep in peace, but I guess that's not going to happen.

"I don't have time for you're crap, alright? So, just tell me what you want and leave me alone."

The black beast sighed. "When are you going to trust me? I'm not you're enemy, Damien. I just want to help."

"And when you do help, I lose control and go on a damn rampage like some monster. If that's your idea of helping, then there's nothing for us to talk about."

Talking to this thing is already giving me a headache. I don't want its damn help, nor will I ever.

"Oh, but there is~" The beast drew closer to me. "I'm assuming you remember what that Behemoth said, correct? About being forcibly woken up. Don't you remember our last conversation?"

Honestly, I try to forget any time we talk to each other, but yeah, I did remember our last conversation. Something about me waking up dormant creatures that should stay dormant.

"What of it? Are you telling me what I'm the cause of waking up the Behemoth?"

"It's more than just that, Damien~ You're presence is shaking the foundations of this new world! Something like you shouldn't even exist!"

That last comment kind of stung it a bit. In fact, I got a little angry about it.

"The hell is that suppose to mean?" I glared. "And be careful what you say now because you're starting to piss me off."

"Ooh, scary~ But, that's not what I meant. I'm not trying to belittle you or anything. I'm just saying that something like you has never existed before."

Just because you rephrased your words differently doesn't mean I've forgiven you. This thing needs to be careful about what it says, or I'm going to lose my temper.

"Anyway, due to your current presence, there's a lot of chaos happening. Last time I checked, none of the other Champions caused this much commotion like you are."

"So what? That's them, this is me. I don't care about the other Champions, and I hope I never meet them. I'm pretty sure it'll be a pain just like my encounter with the Behemoth."

I already just got a taste of what the other gods' children were capable of, so meeting their Champions would be even more troublesome. I hope I never meet any of them because I'm pretty sure our encounter will only cause me trouble.

"Hmm, you're not wrong. Due to being associated with different gods, you might clash, but then again, the Champions did call a cease-fire on that war of the gods and formed a truce. Maybe they won't attack you if you did meet them."

"If I wasn't associated with Zerris, who the other gods hate along with their followers, then you might be right, but unfortunately, you're wrong. Knowing how people react around me, my confrontation with the Champions will only cause problems for me."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. But, hey, it would be worth a shot."

Unless you want to cause a big fight that'll likely destroy landscapes and more.

"So, are we done? I wanna wake up now." I was tired of talking to the beast and wanted to wake up.

"Yeah, we're done. You can go back now. I just wanted to warn you about the upcoming danger ahead of you like before."