Chapter 69: Fight To The Death

-Vlad's POV-

What the hell kind of fight is this?!

I'm fighting seven people on my own while protecting Amy, who should be able to finish these guys off but can't because of some special skill gifted from the Goddess of Light.

I'll ask again: What the hell even is this fight?!

Arrows and magic spells were raining down on me while four of the enemies were charging at me. It was the knight girl, spear guy, some dude with an axe, and a purple haired girl with a sword.

Thanks to summoning my creatures of the night earlier, I couldn't summon them again, so I was on my own. I was fighting for my life as I fought them all off.

"Geez, this guy's pretty tough!" The guy with the axe said.

"Yeah. Taking on all four of us and holding his own is no ordinary feat."

While the group was having a conversation, I decided to join in to get some answers.

"Why are you after us?"

"To stop you!" The knight girl answered.

"What the hell did we do to you?!"

"For being a danger to the city and the world!" She spat at me.

What the hell makes them think we were going to do anything to the world or the city?

"We didn't do anything wrong, though!"

"You're the Prince of Vampires, working with the Champion of Darkness. The two of you are a major threat to us."

"But we didn't do anything wrong! The people back at Grayhaven left the town because of the vampires, and Damien saved those villagers from the goblins and the town from those adventurers."

Damien told me of his travel during his time on this world. Everything he did was justified, but these people just won't listen.

"Then where are the townspeople?! And for your information, he also turned those adventurers into zombies! What kind of reason did he have to do that!"

Damien told me it was for new adventurers to rise up and become the new strongest adventurers. But, if I told her this, she would think I was lying.

While I remained silent, the knight girl spoke up.

"See?! There was no reason for that. He just did it because he could! It's only a matter of time before he considers taking over the world because he has the power!"

"Damien isn't like that!"

Her comment pissed me off more than I thought because when I slashed at her with my sword, I was able to push her back. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of energy from that attack, and I didn't react fast enough to avoid the spear guy's weapon.

He pierced my left shoulder and actually went through. I screamed in pain but grabbed onto the spear pulled it out of his hand.

I quickly pulled the spear out and broke it. I was breathing heavy as I glared at the spear guy.

I was exhausted. I'm not sure how long I could keep this up.

At least I was able to take one of them out of the picture as long as he doesn't fight with his fists, but I still have three more to take down, plus the other three a few feet away from me.

Dammit. This is too much for me.

While I was distracted, my feet started to sink into the ground.

Seriously?!

I tried to move my legs, but it was pointless. You gotta be kidding me!

"Now!" The others took advantage of this and charged at me.