Chapter 100: Let's Fly

[When are you going to quit this nonsense, boy?]

How about never? Does that answer your question?

I only hoped those thoughts transmitted over to the Divine Beast because I was too busy trying to execute my plan. Hopefully, I'll last long enough for my little friend to do his part.

As I rushed over to the Behemoth, the ground shook below me, and pillars of dirt rose up to block my path.

I didn't let this stop me and used [Air Walk] to keep myself steady while rising up to the Behemoth. I also fired a couple of spells at it to keep it busy.

As usual, it blocked my attacks, but I expected that much and was hoping for it.

[Really, now. This is getting tedious.]

That's right, keep talking, dumbass. The more you keep your eyes on me, the better chance I have at catching you off guard.

I summoned a huge lightning bolt and struck the Behemoth with it. The dirt hand was destroyed, and the Divine Beast was electrocuted.

It howled in pain which made my ears ring. But, I didn't let that get to me and used this chance to proceed with my plan.

[Bastard! Don't get cocky now!] The Divine Beast then opened its mouth and spewed fire at me.

Using [Air Walk], I maneuvered around the blast and fired more spells at it. The beast didn't even use a dirt hand to block my attacks, but instead, took the hits and continued blowing fire at me.

Almost there, just a little bit longer. I'm sure I can hold out until it's time to finish this.

As I continued to dodge and weave around its fire and earth attacks, I continuously shot more spells to keep it distracted. So far, so good.

[Quit moving around, bastard!]

Boulders and fire were aimed at me on all sides. I could barely dodge them while I was still airborne, but I still managed.

I wish I could call the others, but if I used Telepathy, the beast would hear me calling in back up, and possibly retreat. Besides, I want to take this down on my own.

The fact that I couldn't do much damage on the damn thing despite my abilities hurts my pride. If I called for help, I'd only be damaging it further.

No, this is my fight. And I'm sure as hell ain't going to lose!

"Come at me, you overgrown bull!" I taunted.

[Die, you insect!]

Just as the beast began to charge at me, my time was up. Looks like I was ready to wrap this up now.

The beast closed in on me and started to slash at me. I used [Barrier] to block the attack, but that pushed me to the ground.

I made a huge crater, and I was constantly assaulted by the monster's slash attacks. But, thanks to my barriers, I was able to keep the damage to a minimum.

However, a couple slashes later, and my barrier broke. The Behemoth took this chance to blast fire at me.

"Tch! [Body Layer Barrier], [Iron Skin], [Enhance Defence]!" Casting three skills at once, I prepared for the attack.

The good news is I wasn't dead or dying. The bad news was that despite not dying, I was in some pretty bad pain.

It was like getting burned by a lighter, but instead of just one part of my body that's burned, it was everywhere on my body. I could actually smell my burning flesh.