Solar Power

In the Ai dimension the serpents were closing in on the Solar Sanctuary and on the way there the terrain was changing from metal to rock and the sun was brighter. (Come on, you really think the AI dimension is engulfed in a cloud of darkness? Come on!)

Thursday: How far are from Solar Sanctuary?

Trent: 2 miles out, we should be almost in visual range.

Thursday: How is it looking from up there Vile?

Vile: The sanctuary seems to be in good order but...

Thursday: But what?

Vile: There is nobody there.

Thursday: Are you sure about that?

Vile: Positive.

Thursday: Rory, give me a double check on that.

Rory: Scanning.

Rory scanned the area and Vile was correct, no AIs were anywhere near there.

Rory: Vile's is correct; there are no readings of any AIs in a 20 mile radius.

Thursday: That is weird; do they have chargeable batteries in case they don't have the sun?

Rory: I'm reading their energy signatures and they are at full capacity.

Thursday: A small team moves in, we don't know what to expect.

Thursday, Rory, Trent, Willac and Vile went ahead on foot and armed while the others stayed behind and watched the perimeter. When they got to the Sanctuary, they cleared each section piece by piece.

Rory: Clear.

Thursday: Clear.

Trent: Clear.

Willac: Clear.

Vile: Clear.

Thursday: This is absolutely weird, looks like they up and disappeared.

Rory: I'm checking the database they have and they had no faults or anything.

Thursday: Check the defenses; did they have some sort of surge?

Rory: Checking...

Rory finds something she didn't expect.

Rory: Look at this everyone.

Everyone comes close to Rory.

Rory: This is the battery capacity yesterday.

Vile: Yeah, it's at maximum

Rory: Now watch five minutes after the time stamp.

Everyone watches the readings and they just dropped to zero in less than thirty seconds.

Trent: That was no energy surge. That was an energy drain.

Thursday: If there is a weapon that can cause that type of energy drain, all of our tech is useless unless we go old fashioned.

Vile: Where would they even go to get something like that?

Rory: No known builds of that in the database or the databases we have visited.

Willac: Why would they have these builds of these weapons in their databases in the first place?

Rory: It was to prepare for when another breach would happen and war would be waged against us.

Thursday: So it's not against each other?

Rory: There are a few arguments but nothing escalates to violence.