Coming to terms

The next day all four patients were stable enough to come out of the tubes they were in. With Claire she was still asleep but they were soon going to wake her up, muscle man's body had the same muscle mass all around but was stable enough to make it stay put. Ashley had stopped going in and out of reality but was given a suit to keep her that way. With Jasper the device on his back keeps him stable while outside the tube, his body had fully come back and so did his memories.

Pure: Ok Ashley, the suit is running and keeping you stable, you can come out now.

Ashley went up to the top and Pure took off the cover. She grabbed onto the sides and pulled herself up and out of the tube. Pure grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her fully out. Pure let the blue liquid fully drip from her before setting her down outside.

Pure: How do you feel?

Ashley: Like I'll be having a tan for a week.

Pure: I hear you on that one.

Ashley tried to get up but she was still weak from just floating all the time.

Pure: Easy, you need to get your body back from being in there so long.

Ashley: Better than being in there all the time.

Pure: OK, now for Jasper.

Pure went over to Jasper and he swam towards the top while Pure took the cover off. Pure got Jasper out and set him down outside.

Pure: How do you feel?

Jasper: Like I need to sleep things off from in there.

Pure: Yeah, now for the hard part, how are we going to get Claire on our side?

Madeline: I got an idea, let us do it.

Pure: Hmm, the similarity between the two of you is not that far off.

While Madeline and Taeyoung have a tail instead of feet, Claire still has hers but she has gills in her neck, webbed hands and feet and scales all across her body.

Pure: But put this on, it's an electricity absorber in case she has the trait of electricity.

Pure brought the tube over to the water and Horatio used some water to bring it up to the top of the tube. Pure took off the cover and let Madeline take her out with Taeyoung helping her. Once they took her out they laid her down on the seat next to her so that she would be in the water but she would have air.

Pure: Ok, now to wake her up.

Pure came with a syringe and gently injected her with a compound that would wake her up but not harm her new physiology. Once it was injected the first people she saw were Madeline and Taeyoung. She was scared at first and backed away. She looked at herself first and saw the similarities between them. She was giving off electricity but the electric absorbers prevented Madeline and Taeyoung from getting shocked.

Claire stopped giving off electricity and went to them slowly; once she got to them she touched them and was rubbing her hand on them.

Taeyoung: Uh oh.

Jack: What is it?

Madeline: I hate to say it but she is imprinting on us.

Daiyu: How do you know?

Madeline: Mermaids do the same thing when a child is born so she must be following the same principle.

Daiyu: She must be using more of her animal instincts than human.

Madeline: Which means we have to take care of her.

Madeline held Claire like a child.

Ashley: I did promise to take care of her.