Into the core

In the AI dimension, the Serpents cleared out the outposts close to the sanctuary and were headed to the next city.

Thursday: How far are we out?

Rory: Two miles, the Ai zombies don't come out this far.

Human: And for good reason, the temperature outside is over two hundred degrees centigrade. We would cook in a few minutes.

Thursday: What is the status of the Serpent?

Trent: In the red zone but not overheating, the tank tracks are holding but they need to cool before they break.

Thursday: What about the Spartans?

Trent: They can take the heat but only for thirty minutes.

Vile: Good thing we left Kym to guard the Sanctuary, she may like the desert but not this inferno.

Thursday: Did you get a message from the AIs there?

Rory: Yes, they want to give us an upgrade to the serpents, a heat to energy converter so that we would have a different power source to combat the energy syphon.

Trent: There it is!

They saw the city and the AIs outside were directing them to a spot to cool off. They went into a garage where the Serpent stopped. Once it was fully inside they closed the door and started to flood the room with water.

Thursday: How are we looking?

Trent: Temperature is dropping.

Human: Can we still go outside?

Thursday: Better take the Spartans since our window opened up on them.

They got into in the seven Spartans and came out. The AIs stood there.

AI: Welcome to the Lava Caverns, we have been expecting you.

Thursday: Thank you for the call and the upgrade.

AI: Thank you for clearing out our section of the world, even though they can't come this way we appreciate the support.

Rory: Why can't they come out this far?

AI: We partially control the lava flow and send it underground to the surrounding area so that they would overheat and melt down.

Thursday: Any attacks from the air?

AI: Can't do that here either, we make the air around us hotter so that nothing can fly close enough to take damage.

Human: You guys really know how to take the heat.

AI: Some of us can even take on lava as our power source and we can be running for weeks on end with it. We have made several suits of armor for you to travel into the city.

Trent: What is the mix?

AI: Obsidian, Tungsten, Carbon and put together with a carbon alloy.

Human: All of the highest metals combined.

AI: Also, they are treated and cured to last for years.

Thursday: Trent?

Trent: It's cool enough to switch.

All of them got out of the Spartans and switched to the suits. They put the Spartans back and let them receive their upgrades.

AI: Ok, all filters and oxygen tanks working as instructed.

Willac: We will scout the area for outposts from the mountain; see if we can find the factory to shut this section down.

Thursday: Be careful, we may be now resistant to the heat but don't push it.