You picked the wrong ship

In the monster dimension, the ship was sailing fine and they were doing salvage operations to get it back in operation. Everyone was busy with keeping the ship in check; Mekuboto was helping with the new supplies and Elysium was helping her with direction and placement.

Elysium: Over here Mekuboto.

Mekuboto set down the barrels and went back to Elysium.

Elysium: Thanks Mekuboto.

Mekuboto was happy to be off assistance. Elysium and Mekuboto went to the bridge.

Elysium: All barrels sorted captain.

Captain Harley: Very good.

Just then Mekuboto smelled something. She went up the mast to the crow's nest where Jessica was keeping an eye out around the ship. She went straight up to the flag and was looking around. Elysium came to the bottom of the mast and looked up.

Elysium: What is it Mekuboto!?

Mekuboto looks to a side of a ship and was growling at the water.

Elysium: The water?

Mekuboto pointed at her hand which meant the ring.

Elysium: Who has the ring?

Nico: Heads up!

Nico threw the ring at Elysium and he put it on, he went into the water and was looking around, he adjusted his eyes and saw something in the water. There were mermaids coming their way and they were dressed like pirates. Elysium headed back up to the ship and got the water off.

Elysium: Some mermaids are coming on their way and they don't look happy.

Captain Harley: Those would be the Sirens, a bunch of mermaids that sink ships and steal loot. Man all battle stations!

Everyone went to their battle stations and got ready. Once the Sirens were in range they opened fire, Everyone tried to help as much as they could but they were losing because they had nothing much to hit. Just then Mekuboto went to Elysium and grabbed the ring from him.

Elysium: What are you doing!?

Mekuboto put the ring on and jumped into the water. She turned into a hybrid and saw the mermaids, it took a little learning to swim but she got the idea. She started to defeat the mermaids one by one; it only took 30 minutes to repel them and not get to the ship. She caused them to turn around and head in the opposite direction. Mekuboto came back up to the ship and shook the water out of her fur. She took off the ring and gave it back to Elysium.

Captain Harley: Whoa, she is packing more than she looks.

Elysium: Will that stop them?

Everyone heard a loud bang and a cannonball was coming towards the ship, Mekuboto saw the cannonball and caught it with her bare hands. The momentum managed to push her to the other side of the ship but she managed to stop before she went over the edge just in time. She dropped the cannonball but her hands were smoking.

One of the crewmen brought over a bucket and she put her hands in to cool them off.

Jones: Ok, that was crazy.

Human: No shit.

Everyone turned around and saw where the cannonballs came from; five ships came out of nowhere and opened fire. Elysium put a shield up and blocked the incoming shots but he wasn't good at holding it up long. He got knocked back like he got hit with one.

Elysium: Ok, I'm not doing that again until I get more training.

Captain Harley: At least we got protection from the initial fire.