The Cursed Bond

In the monster dimension, underwater the western team was traveling, training and met the usual Siren every now and then. The Geodes were still doing patrols and protecting the villages on their path. The team stopped for a bit to train with each other and work on mastering their magic.

Maverick was sparring with everyone else but Cove was on the side learning her magic and targeting objects for accuracy. While she was doing so, Zane came over to talk to her.

Zane: Hey Cove.

Cove stopped concentrating on her attacks and looked at Zane.

Cove: Yes, what is it?

Zane: There is still something that is puzzling my circuitry, how was it for you when Maverick was the only one left?

Cove: -sighs- I was terrified at first because of what the curse did at first but when I realized he was calm only to me, I started to be less afraid of him. After we found a spot to hide he went out using the hellhound curse to find food, make sure we weren't followed and making sure I was well taken care of.

Cove: At night, he would let me sleep on his back in case we had to leave , he would tie us up with strong kelp so that all he had to do was get out fast. They found us a couple times and Maverick gave me a piece of Kelp to cover my eyes and I would cover my ears to prevent me from witnessing the carnage he could do. Whenever he was done, he was far away from the carnage and had supplies that they had.

Cove: Whenever he was finished, he would come to me slowly and I would calm him down, soon enough we developed a sort of connection. When we got to Mermaid Manor, our connection only grew. I was not only soothing Maverick but the Hellhound as well, as if it never had someone to love it, soon enough I fell in love with both. Maverick and the Hellhound curse trained every day to what he is now.

Zane: A hulking stingray capable of ripping anything apart?

Cove: Both of them did it for me and for the day when we would go back to the kingdom and bring justice to that witch who killed my family. Soon enough I joined him and we were also learning our craft early. It was hard for me at first since whenever I got harmed just a little the Hellhound curse would be riled up and attack them. I was there to calm him down just in time so we found a workaround. They would show us the moves on paper and we would have to spar together so that no one gets hurt.

Cove: We were training until you all came knocking and we joined up with you all to get a chance.

Zane: So you had the magic in you?

Cove: Only a little bit, I was developing it ever since, now that I have this magic I need to work on keeping my magic under control.

Zane: Yeah, that would be bad.

Just then a team of Sirens were coming their way fast, one of the Extreme AIs sonar picked up on it.

Hunter Extreme AI: Look alive everyone, we got Sirens incoming!

The Scylla with them saw the Sirens.

Scylla: And they do not look happy!

Everyone was ready to face the Sirens, it was a couple of Mermaids and a really big shark. Maverick sent off an electric wave to disorient them. Everyone moved in as a team but Cove kept her distance because she didn't want the Hellhound Curse to act up now. Everyone watched each other's backs and Maverick's training paid off. He practically owned them, there were a few times when they had the upper hand but either Cove or a team member would have his back or Cove would save him with a long-distance shot.

When they were done, they had the Sirens defeated and restrained using rope they brought.

Cove: -panting- That was a lot tougher that I thought.