2. class 1-a

y/n's pov

"h-hey..."

people started waving and saying hi to me as i quietly went to sit down in my seat.

"take your feet off of that desk now!" a voice behind me stated.

i turned around to see a boy with glasses pointing to the guy sitting behind me.

"huh?" the blonde haired boy asked sarcastically.

"it's the first day and you're already disrespecting this academy by scuffing school property!" he explained sternly.

"you're kidding me right? your old school put a stick up your ass or something? or were you just born with it?" the hedgehog asked. i couldn't help but laugh a little at his comments.

"what are you laughing at extra?" the blonde asked, his eyes piercing through my free eye.

"sorry..." i whispered.

as if i was saved, a boy with messy green hair and a girl with short brown hair came into the room. the boy with glasses went to greet them until one of them screamed. i stood up to see what they screamed at and began giggling quietly at aizawa on the floor in his yellow sleeping bag. he groggily stood up and walked over to his desk.

everyone rushed to their seats and looked at him confused before continuing to talk amongst each other yet again. "ahem." aizawa coughed sarcastically to gain everyone's attention. after a few seconds, the room became silent.

"it took you 8 seconds to shut up," he started. "i am mr aizawa, your homeroom teacher."

"you're the pro hero eraserhead!" i turned around to see the green boy with an enlightened face. i smiled at him, then concentrated my gaze back to the front of the class.

"i am, yes. now, before we do anything, i would like everyone to come up one at a time and introduce themselves." aizawa explained.

one by one, each of my new classmates went up to the front and introduced themselves. i was last.

i shakily stood up and walked to the front of the class. i gulped nervously then began speaking.

"h-hi my name is y/n l/n... you all can call me y/n if you want," i started. i looked over to aizawa. "i hope we can all get along."

as i finished, i could tell that everyone was aware that i was trembling. i slowly sat back down to my seat and sighed.

"now that that's out if the way, i'm having a nap. after lunch, we're gonna do a quirk apprehension test." aizawa said as he slithered back into his sleeping bag and laid on the floor.

the bell rang and everyone walked out of the room and began piling into the cafeteria. i slowly stood up and followed behind them quietly. once i reached the cafeteria i noticed i had no one to sit with. i began to feel extremely anxious and i began shaking again.

"hey y/n!" i turned my head to see uraraka waving at me, gesturing for me to go over.

i slowly walked over to the table she was sitting at. i noticed she was accompanied by midoriya and iida.

"wanna sit with us?" midoriya asked.

i nodded softly and sat next to him. we all began eating our food. at first i didn't really listen into the conversation until-

"so y/n, why do you want to be a hero?" uraraka asked curiously.

"to make my parents proud," i answered quickly. "they were both quirkless so they never had the same chances i have, so i want to be the hero they both aspired to be." i explained briefly.

were. that word always lingers in my mind

"that's actually quite a motivational reason!" midoriya praised.

"thankyou, midoriya." i said quietly, smiling at him softly.

"please, call me deku." he insisted. the way he looked at me seemed... familiar.

"okay deku." i replied.

"hey, uhh if you don't mind me asking... why do you have that?" uraraka asked gesturing to my eye patch.

memories started flooding through my mind.

'why now?'

"uhh-" my voice cracked.

'damn it.'

"sorry, i have to go..." i said shakily as i quickly left the room, placing a hand over my eye patch.

i heard voices calling me from behind but i just continued walking until i bumped into someone. "i-i'm sorry..." i apologised quietly. i looked up see a boy with red and white hair.

'todoroki.'

"it's fine- hey, are you alright?" he asked. i could tell there was worry in his voice but he hid it very well.

i looked up at him with my right eye watering. i shook my head and looked down at my feet.

"i-i just feel so insecure right now. i ran away from uraraka and them because they asked about my eye patch and now i feel really rude..." i said with my voice quivering.

"why are you insecure about it?" todoroki asked.

i looked up at him, my gaze travelling over to his scar. "i-i have a scar... it brings back bad memories and people said that i should cover it up at all times..." i explained softly.

he looked at me sympathetically.

"i understand," he started, putting his hand on his scar, then dropping it back go his side. "i'm like that with my scar, but you have to learn to not let other's opinions bother you."

i looked into his heterochromic eyes and smiled at him. he looked at me confused.

"i used to have eyes like yours... they didn't get to survive too long though..." i said sadly, placing my hand over my patch still smiling softly.

he looked at me and a small smile appeared on his lips before turning into a frown.

"i'm sorry." he apologised.

"it's fine... don't worry about it." i said quietly.

out of nowhere, the bell rang.

"we better go get changed." todoroki said quietly. i nodded and walked with him to the changing room block before entering the girls changing rooms.

maybe i'm not as different as i thought.

whoop! second chapter is done! this one was a lot longer and ended happier than i intended but oh whale :3 what happened to y/ns eye? where are her parents? you'll find out soon!

916 words