13. sports festival (one)

y/n's pov

the two weeks of 'holiday' went super quick: mainly because aizawa kept waking me up early and helping me train, but i must say it did pay off. i now actually have strength which i thought i'd never actually get! i met up with uraraka and the girls during the time off which actually helped me be more confident around others. i guess you can say i've come out of my shell.

it was now the day of the sports festival. the first activity had just been announced and i was extremely nervous. standing getting ready to run, i breathed in softly.

"this is it," i whispered to myself. "i promise to make you proud." i looked ahead as my eyes started to glow white.

"begin!"

i began running as fast as i could in the crowded until i levitated myself above the crowd if eager students. smirking slightly, i continued flying forwards until i saw a three huge figures in front if me. i flew past the giant green robots as they began turning to ice. i looked behind me to see todoroki.

"nice one, shoto!" i exclaimed as i neared to the next obstacle.

"not bad yourself." he said monotonous.

my gaze concentrated back to the front of me where there was a large canyon with ropes bridging from skyscrapers of rocks to others. i flew over them simply and frowned as my head began to spin slightly. i shook it off as i saw the next, and last, obstacle. a mine field.

"DIE!" i looked behind me to see bakugo overtaking many people, gulping slightly at his competitive anger.

i looked back at the mine field and flew over it. i began descending as the world around me began spinning.

"we have our first place winner, y/n l/n!" an announcement stated enthusiastically. i sighed as i flopped to the floor feeling queasy. breathing heavily, i looked up at the blue sky waiting for the others to catch up.

a few minutes past, and just before i could relax, a large boom sound filled the air. my head snapped to see midoriya flying in the air on something. i looked under him to see bakugo and todoroki running as they looked at him shocked.

midoriya started to lose momentum as he came closer and closer to the ground. he suddenly stands on their shoulders and bashes the shield thing on another mine, propelling him forwards again. he came crashing to the ground over the finish line, slowly followed by shoto and bakugo. they looked pissed.

"yay! you guys made it!" i exclaimed as i run over to them. "you alright, izuku?" i held my hand out to him and he took it. without much effort, i pulled him up.

"thanks, y/n." he says weakly.

"DEKU!" i looked behind me to see bakugo approaching us.

"yes k-kachan?" izuku stuttered as the hot-headed classmate stood in front of him.

"HOW DARE YOU BEAT ME!" bakugo shouted as he poked midoriya's chest rather hard. "AND YOU-" his angry gaze met my free eye. i looked at him with a bored, but wary expression.

"yea?" i replied rather quietly as he came closer towards me.

"i won't hesitate to beat your ass today, l/n." he spat.

"neither will i." i said cockily as i began walking back to the stadium. "see you out there, bakugo."

as i walked towards the stadium, i felt a gaze on me. i turned around to see todoroki jogging up behind me. he slowed down and began walking next to me.

"hey shoto." i greeted softly.

"hello y/n." he looked at me then down to his feet.

"what's wrong?"