20. stain attack

todoroki's pov

it was now the third day of the week long internships. i really wish i could get y/n away from my father, but that was something that was way out of my league. i had made sure to be with her at all times though. i'm not letting that bastard hurt my snowflake.

we were currently out on patrol in hosu city. villains had apparently been spotted. apparently, the hero killer stain had been targeting pro heroes in the area so we had to keep a close look out. i made sure y/n was by my side at all times, and seeing as we held hands a lot, i think my father has noticed something between us. however, i couldn't care less. suddenly, my phone vibrated. i looked down at it curiously.

"midoriya sent me his location...?" i asked under my breath. y/n looked at my phone and exchanged worried glances at me.

"we should go to him." y/n stated. i nodded. we began running the other way, my father's voice booming for us to come back.

we ran through many streets until we saw two familiar students: midoriya and iida. in front of them stood a large figure. he came into the light and i could feel my heart skip a beat.

"stain..." y/n whispered.

i quickly used my fire side to blast flames in the hero killer's direction.

"midoriya, you need to give more details in times like this. we were almost too late to stop this guy." i said sternly as i looked dead into the hero killer's eyes. "your message took me a while to figure out. next time send more than just your specific location. but you're not one to send cryptic messages without meaning, are you?"

mine and y/n's eyes scanned over to our friends. "are you guys alright?" y/n asked worriedly as she got into stance.

"what are you doing here? get out of here!" iida shouted tearily.

"well, well, well. look who we have here." stain said menacingly. he pointed one of his swords at me and y/n. "the more the merrier!" he suddenly pounced at us, catching me off guard. he was then pushed back by an invisible force.

"use your ice, sho!" y/n shouted as she jumped in the air. i did so and covered the whole alley in ice.

"todoroki, y/n! his quirk has something to do with consuming blood. if he licks it, you'll be paralysed." midoriya explained in obvious pain.

"then i'll just have to keep my distance-" i was cut off by a small blade skimming my cheek.

"pay attention kid," hero killer said slyly. "i'd rather you not die this early in the fight." he went to lick my cut until i use my fire to blast him away.

i used my ice quirk to create a giant ice wall, trapping him behind it momentarily. i looked slightly worriedly over to iida who looked petrified. stain then broke through the ice with his blades.

"you blocked your own point if vision from an opponent who's faster than you. rookie move." he smirked. before i could use my fire side, he threw knives at me. two stabbed into my left arm whilst another two stabbed me in the stomach. i grunted in pain and fell to the floor.

"sho!" y/n screamed. she landed in front of me and looked at me worried. blood started spilling from underneath me. "oh god- oh god-" she began panicking.

"watch out!" midoriya shouted as stain threw a knife towards y/n.

"y/n!" i shouted as loud as i could. my eyes widened to see the sword floating in the air. i looked up y/n to see her eyes glowing. she stood up and faced stain.

slowly, she took off her hoodie to show her now glowing white hair. she threw the hoodie to the side and looked at stain with a menacing smile.

"you know hero killer," she began levitating. "you're strong, i must admit."

"..." stain looked at her confused with a smirk on his face. she began floating closer to him.

"you've hurt people extremely dear to me, hero killer." she looked at him and grinned widely. "you know, when i'm mad i can be extremely dangerous. unluckily for you, you've pissed me off." she outstretched her hands towards the direction of stain.

suddenly, glass from the surrounding buildings' windows exploded. the shards began building up into a large swarm. y/n then flung her arms forward, sending the shards and every other free object flying towards stain. he began shouting in pain as the shards began cutting him.

"annoying little brat!" he boomed as he threw knives in y/n direction. they didn't move at all.

"izuku!" she shouted and midoriya ran towards stain and punched him, sending him flying into a wall. he began punching stain in different directions as iida stood up slowly.

"recipro... EXTEND!" he shouted as he kicked stain in the gut, sending him flying into another wall.

y/n landed in front of me and stood protectively. i could tell she was getting lightheaded because she started to sway. stain got out of the grasp of iida and midoriya and began charging at y/n, only to be swarmed by more shards of glass.

she touched the floor slightly. out of nowhere, the earth wrapped around the hero killers legs so that he couldn't move.

"now izuku!" y/n shouted with the little energy she had. she outstretched her hands to keep stains hands in place so that he couldn't reach for any of his knives. midoriya jumped and punched stain hard in the face, joined by iida kicking him in the gut. stain then fell on the floor unconscious.

y/n relaxed her body as her eyes went back to their usual selves. she ran over to me worriedly.

"i didn't know your hair could glow..." i croaked in pain as i coughed up blood.

"stop joking around you idiot!" she said terrified as tears fell down her pale cheeks. my eyes began watering also. she looked down and sobbed as she held onto my hand.

"look at me y/n." i said in pain. she looked at me extremely worried.

"you b-better not die on m-me shoto todoroki." she said between sobs.

midoriya, iida, and the hero native stood behind her also looking concerned.

"i'll call the police!" iida exclaimed.

"i'll call an ambulance!" midoriya said panicked as he took out his phone and began dialling. my eyes began to close slowly as the lain started to become unbearable.

"t-this is gonna hurt b-but i need to get the b-blades out okay sho?" y/n said shakily. i nodded slowly and bit on my lip slightly.

one by one, she began pulling out the knives as carefully she could. each one, i felt my self drifting closer and closer to unconsciousness.

"okay, sho you're gonna hate me but i need to do this..." she whispered as she placed her hands on my bleeding side.

her hands started to glow as she began crying out in pain. i felt myself become more awake and aware of things. i shot up as i felt all my recent pain gone, even the punishments from my father from the other day. i looked at y/n in horror as i saw her clothes now covered in blood. she kept groaning in pain until she took her hands off my side. she screamed in pain as she clenched her side in agony.

"y/n!" i shouted worriedly. i looked down at her with tears streaming down my face. "i told you not to do it again!" my voice began cracking uncontrollably as my throat began hurting from crying.

"i'm sorry sho..." she said softly before passing out. i held her in my arms and began crying as her blood started to stain my clothes.

for some reason, i had been wanting to write this chapter for agessssss

1334 words